Memorial Day 2014 camping trip and pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day 2014 camping trip and pics

Well, I just learned I can post from my laptop again. So I will post a trip report. We went for a 4 day/3 night trip at our spot here in northern CO. Had a good time. Got some rain, saw a moose. Set up a zip line, a slack line, had the atv's. My friend Bob and his wife had their new 5th wheel out for the first time. I had my Kodiak out for it's 4th season. Hope you enjoy the pics. Check them out. You don't need facebook to view the link.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c94808033d
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Memorial Day 2014 camping trip and pics

Pictures really do tell a thousand words. Looks like a good time was had by all and such gorgeous landscape.
    Hehehehe.........young lady made sure the zipline was secure and she seems to be an unaffected yet vivacious beauty! Your DD?
    Was the cabin/mine entrance attached to the cave/shaft and how far down did youse go?
    The close up of brown "pebbles" under the pine branch. Scat or berries?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

The little blond girl is my daughter. She just finished first grade. She played on the slackline more than the zip line. I was the test dummy for the zipline. The tighter it is the faster you go.
      The cabin is just down the hill from the mine shaft. The road has been washed out by the floods here in CO last year. I doubt it will ever be passable again. They have done a good job of putting up grating to keep people out of the mines. To many people would go in there and need to be rescued.
      The "pebbles" are scat. I am thinking Moose, as I know there are a few in the area. I need to pick up a good scat book.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

We were out last weekend near Bailey Colorado. Nice to see the Dutch Oven. I'm just starting to get use to ours.

1st night cheese ravioli and meatballs
        2nd night Chili and peach cobbler
        3rd morning cinnamon roll monkey bread

Click image for larger version

Name:	dutch oven ravioli and meatballs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	70507 Click image for larger version

Name:	dutch oven chili.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	70505 Click image for larger version

Name:	dutch oven cinnamon roll monkey bread.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	70506
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

I'm going to guess JohnJohn's post is about Memorial Day weekend 2016 not 2014... :he:
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
            I'm going to guess JohnJohn's post is about Memorial Day weekend 2016 not 2014... :he:

WHAT? Why the heck did that show up in my "activity feed" hmm. Yupster, 2016
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

No food pics this time, however we had a blast!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	70509Click image for larger version

Views:	2
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	70510Click image for larger version

Size:	20.3 KB