Weight distribution question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight distribution question

I have a 2014 Z1 by crossroads and have been pulling it with a Dodge Ram 1500 using weight distribution bars and a sway bar. I just purchased a new 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 and would like to know if anyone knows if I should use the weight distribution bars and sway bar with this truck or not? The camper is about 6500 lbs and the new dodge can tow (I think)14,000 or so.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Brent

Re: Weight distribution question

You need to look at the tongue weight of your new trailer. You may be looking at 800-1100 lbs. I would defiantly keep using the sway control. The 2500 will do better with the tongue weight, but having the WD bars already you will get a better and safer ride using them. I never saw it as that big of a deal hitching up with all the equipment after I got the head adjusted and knew what link to use on the chains. You may get by without, but with potentially 8000 lbs. loaded up behind me I want all bases covered.
    Last edited by CMPR1966; 05-21-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Yes you still.want to.use you weight distribution hitch. They help stabilize the trailer when towimg

Comment

Congratulations on the new truck should be a big improvement over the 1500 the use of the weight distribution should make it even better

Comment

Working...
        X