1997 Coleman Laredo Camper Red-do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Coleman Laredo Camper Red-do

We are almost ready to hit the road on our 70 day camping trip this Friday, but I had to do some remodeling of the 90's style look of the used 1997 Coleman Laredo that we purchased a few months ago. Last month I had electric brakes added, and we did some maintenance coating on the roof, etc. Now, it was time for the inside.

Last year we did our 50 day trip with a tent and it served us well, but for various reasons, we wanted to make the switch to a small basic pop-up for our extended trips. The make-over included new curtains, new cushion covers, a lot of cleaning and a new coat of paint. It took a weekend of work, but I am happy with the results!

Re: 1997 Coleman Laredo Camper Red-do

Looks good. I must admit that I am jealous of your trip. Hope you come back with lots of stories.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
      Looks good. I must admit that I am jealous of your trip. Hope you come back with lots of stories.
      Thanks! Im sure we will come home with plenty of stories, some far more entertaining that others.

I must admit, some of our best stories last year came from us being in a tent, so I am a little worried how the camper is going to affect our enjoyment of the trip, but I am hoping it will be a benefit and not a disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by KBunn View Post

I must admit, some of our best stories last year came from us being in a tent, so I am a little worried how the camper is going to affect our enjoyment of the trip, but I am hoping it will be a benefit and not a disadvantage.
        No doubt that tent camping often provides some memorable stories, but in the end it will be what you make of it. ANY day camping is always better than a day working.

You are making many of us jealous thinking of 50-70+ days spent enjoying the outdoors.
        Nights camping in 2014: 18
        Nights camping in 2015: 24
        Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

I purchased a 96 Coleman Laredo this fall and I am planning on doing a similar re-do to cabinets and flooring. What type of paint did you use? Latex or oil base?

Comment

Working...
          X