Elk herd crossing and then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk herd crossing and then...

Title says it all Pretty cool elk encounter to say the least.

http://huntervids.com/videos/big-elk-herd-crossing/

Re: Elk herd crossing and then...

Cool
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Took awhile for that last calf(?) to make it over the fence. Good thing no predators were nearby!
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

That's incredible! I've never seen a herd that large before - even in video. Thanks for sharing!
        Nights camping in 2014: 18
        Nights camping in 2015: 24
        Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

That was a good vid!

I had about 300 cross in front of me when going to a camp site a few years ago. I just stopped and watched them. I like seeing elks. Theres a band of them that winter near me. I see them now and then out where I dog walk. They are about 300 also.

Comment

Great one. I have never seen anything like this before.

Comment

Great video. This winters record snowfall forced all wildlife to retreat to the lower elevations to survive. We had approx 30 - 50 wapiti(elk) wintering about one mile east of town. With the snow finally starting to disappear, easier access to more food has led them to continue hanging out there. I don't mind though, I love seeing them !!!
              2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Working...
              X