Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for tent campground options in Central Utah, Central Idaho, Central Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for tent campground options in Central Utah, Central Idaho, Central Wyoming

I am planning out a jeep road trip for the wife and I at the end of May from California to Montana. I was hoping someone here with first hand experience of the central area of the listed states, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming could recommend good tent campgrounds with the basics, running water, restrooms, shade if possible and fishing (showers are a plus)! I am asking for the middle of the states to make the drive easier, I am unsure yet whether we will be choosing Idaho OR Wyoming which is why I am asking for both

I recall going to these states on a family road trip when i was a little guy and finding camp sites off the beaten path with an honor box system. Great fishing and hardly anyone around, I'd really like to see that again if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Blake

Re: Looking for tent campground options in Central Utah, Central Idaho, Central Wyomi

Looks like your target date is past,....

I think most of what you'd want in Wy will be in the NW part of the state, and perhaps the Bighorn Mts. Check the National Forests in those areas, and the Parks, like Yellowstone and Tetons. Be advised, some places are hard side campers only (no tents) because of bear activity in those areas. The info online should mention that. If you order maps from the various National Forests, they have the campgrounds marked, as well as dirt roads and trails. The National Forests are the best of the off the beaten path with some amenities, though most wont have showers, power etc.

Comment

Re: Looking for tent campground options in Central Utah, Central Idaho, Central Wyomi

Malamute - I am going to be in that area in late September. Does the 'hard side campers only' exclude popup campers?

When do the aspens start to change colors? I was planning to be there later, into mid-October but I found out today that I have to be back in Texas before the end of Sept. Will the aspens be in fall color anywhere at that time??

Thanks - my wife has just agreed to go camping with me, hence the popup and not a tent. She wants to see the fall foliage - and so do I.

Comment

Working...
      X