1 LB Propane bottle hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 LB Propane bottle hose

We hate the rigid pipe that supplies fuel to our Coleman 2 burner camp stove. Have been looking for some kind of flexible hose that still uses the 1 lb bottle but gives some options on where you can place the bottle. Has anybody seen such a thing or crafted one?

Re: 1 LB Propane bottle hose

Try talking to the people here. If they don't have the kind of connector that goes into your stove, they might be able to figure another way to make it happen.

Comment

Skip the hose hassle. Get single mantle burners that screw right to the top of your propane bottle. Then, you have one, two, three or as many burners as you need with the flexibility of them not being connected as one unit. This especially meaningful for those who only use their stove for making coffee and eggs on one burner anyway, but practical for folks who do a lot of multi-pan cooking too

Single mantle burners can be had for as cheap as $10.00. So for what you would pay in hoses and adapters, you can get two lightweight single burners

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Get single mantle burners that screw right to the top of your propane bottle. Then, you have one, two, three or as many burners as you need with the flexibility of them not being connected as one unit. This especially meaningful for those who only use their stove for making coffee and eggs on one burner anyway, but practical for folks who do a lot of multi-pan cooking too
        I don't agree with that at all. Yeah - they're fine for stuff like making coffee and heating water, but I found that large pans, especially cast iron don't like being balanced on top of a 10-inch tower. And trying to use a griddle on two single burners would more or less be a small engineering project.

Comment

If I may ask. What exactly don't you like about where the rigid pipe lets the bottle rest. Is it getting bumped or falling?

Comment

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-...ingMethod=p13n

This?
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

It's not that. On one end of the rigid pipe he's talking about there's long brass connector that I've only seen on Coleman stoves. The other end has the standard 1" - 20 female thread that goes on top of disposable propane cans.

I was never too thrilled with that rigid pipe either. You almost have to baby the cylinder if you move the stove to avoid damaging the pipe or the connection. But, because the one end is just on Coleman stoves (as far as I know, anyway), it might be hard to find to make your own hose. Plus you'd have to figure a way to get a regulator in it somehow.
              Last edited by MacGyver; 04-15-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I came home from work (where I posted that last post), looked at the picture and it hit me that it might be possible to cut the stove connector off just before the 45° bend and double flare the pipe to accept a flexible hose. That might be something you can discuss with the people I linked to in my first response.

Comment

This is the kind of regulator I have, but it leaks right where it threads into the stove. Does this mean I need a new regulator.

Comment

I have a two burner coleman propane stove I tried to use during hurricane irma. The stove really hasn't been used much, but i had for a while. The problem is when i try to thread the regulator to the stove , it leaks right where it trheads to the stove. Does anyone know if I need a new regulator, or is there some other kind of fix.

Comment

Working...
                    X