Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ultimate camping device!! Need your help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ultimate camping device!! Need your help!!!

Hey guys. My names Josh and im a young innovator. So at the moment im in the development of making a device that takes all tech related devices and puts it in to one device. The unity of this one device will make a compact, good looking and ecofreindly.

Has to be---
    stong against the elements
    Fiting in Bags? Cars? Bikes?
    Weather?
    How to care? Handel? Stap?

Specs will include any thing that campers bring that are technology, so that there will be a one item that does every thing they need

E.G
    Music
    Maps
    Wifi
    Some what of green charging it self (solar, hydrogen cells?)
    Light/lamp
    Emergency commutation
    Weather update

So now i have explained it, i need YOUR help. please comment on things you think would be better or thing that need to be added, just any input in to this project will help since you are the campers! THANKS!!

Heres what I had in mind

Re: New ultimate camping device!! Need your help!!!

Sounds like you are inventing the iPhone. Maybe for campers, attach a Swiss Army knife

Seriously, though, the problem is battery life and power. Most folks don't really go deep into the bush for more than 5 days. Sure, a few do, but that would be a small market. Most folks just need a practical way to stay connected to the Internet and phones from a campsite and not run out of power

Comment

agree with Mike,
      most people have a smart phone,
      and theres an app for that. some better than others,
      and all are concerned with power consumption

what does your device offer thats not available on a smart phone?

Comment

Good idea with the swiss army knife!

Comment

emergency call out. which would be like an sos kidda(straight to the helpers). extra battery? this was indented for the family camping. which would allow devices to have the Internet but then the rest of that would be like phone...... this great input guys!

Comment

Back in the day, I got a One Laptop Per Child laptop as part of their Give One, Get One promotion. http://one.laptop.org/

I liked that it could be charged with any type of voltage - ideally 12 volt, but a spare 9 volt adapter etc. would still work to charge it without damaging the unit. It was built to be used in extreme conditions and the screen could be seen in strong daylight. Many of the technologies found their way into smartphones.

It was anticipated that there would be a winding charger like some of the emergency radios use, and that it would daisy chain a series of the laptops to connect to a router. That was never realized, but I still dust mine off occasionally.

I would like to see a new version that incorporated the OP's ideas.
            - Laura
            Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
            X