DIY slack line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY slack line

I have decided to add a slack line kit to my camping gear. For those who don't know, think tight walk walking, but using a 2" strap instead if a rope. I already have some tree straps, so all I needed was a strap. I picked up a 2"X30' strap at Walmart for $17. I do dispersed camping, so I can attach things to trees. For the park, I am thinking volley ball courts or something like that.
    I think $20 is pretty good, provided they go for over. $80. The link will give you an idea of what I am talking about.
    http://youtu.be/EhPOzZ7j9Y4
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: DIY slack line

I made a cheaper and smaller version of that. I put a loop on each end of few feet of hollow braid 5/8-inch nylon rope to wrap around trees and use a 1 inch ratchet strap to go between them. That handles everything I've thrown at it, even hanging my largest tarp, an 18x24, and a bunch of wet clothes from it.

Comment

So is the main purpose to do tight rope walking? Or is it for some other purpose?

Comment

I guess if something had to have a purpose, it would be fun. Plus balance. I don't know, I just think my daughter will enjoy it. If not, I have a heavy duty ratcheting strap. But some of the people doing it have some major cojones.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I do yoga slacking off err I mean slacklining at the gym. Nice ab pull as well as balance.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
          X