Convection Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convection Oven

I have one of these in my new R-pod and can't wait to try some of the things I've read here in it. Do any of you folks have one in your rig? If so, how do you like it?

Re: Convection Oven

Do you mean "reflector oven"?

The first thing to try, of course, is Bannock bread muffins

Make them on the small side like 2" diameter

Comment

Been reading on the RV forums of the convection ovens- folks mostly like them. Thinking about it for my camper van conversion project, but I already have a two-burner/oven propane stove unit.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I've a nuker/convection oven at home and wuv wuv wuvvvvvvv it for baking, hot weather(it doesn't heat up the kitchen as much as the range) and holiday meals when several ovens are needed. The rv I'm lusting for(ALTO trailer) comes with a conventional nuker but will allow me to install a combo unit at the factory. This is a must have for me based on my in-house use.
        Here's a handy convection calculator you may find of use:

http://convection-calculator.com/

Have fun with your R-pod; it made my short list!
        Last edited by NYCgrrl; 04-05-2014, 09:54 PM.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I like the idea of a small, portable, convection oven using state-of-the-art technology to reduce baking times by 20% and provide a "portable" option for the app...
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Oh, well I feel stupid. You really ARE talking about a convection oven. I am so out of touch with the RV scene

I use a convection oven at home. In theory, it is supposed to cut down baking time, but I don try to adjust bake times from recipes. The biggest advantage is that if you have two or three layers of bake goods in the oven like three shelves of cookies, they all bake the same instead of having the top shelf burn while the middle shelf is still under cooked

For a small oven, I guess the advantage will be better baking: more consistent baking of the goods all-round
            Last edited by Mike; 04-06-2014, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Oh, well I feel stupid. You really ARE talking about a convection oven. I am so out of touch with the RV scene

I use a convection oven at home. In theory, it is supposed to cut down baking time, but I don try to adjust bake times from recipes. The biggest advantage is that if you have two or three layers of bake goods in the oven like three shelves of cookies, they all bake the same instead of having the top shelf burn while the middle shelf is still under cooked

For a small oven, I guess the advantage will be better baking: more consistent baking of the goods all-round
              Pay attention to Stevie....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBUx6Zn6mo

I can talk "cookese" with total ease but ask me about cars and the ignorance is astounding:cool:.
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
              X