The accidental hammocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The accidental hammocks

Hey guys, my stepdaughter-to-be had a trampoline and it had a safety net; she stopped using it and we were going to throw the safety net away. Instead, I've used it with paracord to make two regular hammocks, one giant, family-sized hammock and I'm using the last of it to make a hammock chair. Just another idea. I'm a partially disabled vet looking to get back into camping this summer and I'm glad I found the forum.

Re: The accidental hammocks

I'm glad I thought to browse the threads - always like to see people "MacGyvering" things. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by PARAking View Post
      Hey guys, my stepdaughter-to-be had a trampoline and it had a safety net; she stopped using it and we were going to throw the safety net away. Instead, I've used it with paracord to make two regular hammocks, one giant, family-sized hammock and I'm using the last of it to make a hammock chair. Just another idea. I'm a partially disabled vet looking to get back into camping this summer and I'm glad I found the forum.
      Smart move. Congrats on your pending nuptials and welcome to the forum.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Hammocks are a lot easier to make than most people think. I once made one from a piece of fabric and some twine. Sure, the macrame ones are probably better but a simple piece of clothe and something to fasten in between two sturdy trees is all you need. Be warned though, you may need to readjust it several times before you get the right spacing, especially after you first sit in it and the rope and fabric stretches to accomodate your weight.
        A community for camping and outdoors enthusiasts: Camping Babble

Comment

Working...
        X