Black Hills/Custer, SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hills/Custer, SD

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as there is a flood of info on this area. My girlfriend and I are heading up to SD August 11-16. We would like to tent camp with the vehicle nearby. It would be ideal to find a site that is isolated and quite. Electricity is not a must, but drinking water is (I don't want to be pumping half the trip).

It's been since I was child since I've been to the area, but I'm looking forward to heading back. I know most of the "sites" but if anyone has any "must see's", my ears are open. Thank you in advance for any advice.

-Eliot

Re: Black Hills/Custer, SD

I know this is an old thread, but we'll be taking a (primarily) tent camping road trip through the Dakota's, including a few night in CSP, on our way to Yellowstone and was wondering what became of your trip. Any tips to share?

Comment

Re: Black Hills/Custer, SD

Originally posted by jejton View Post
      I know this is an old thread, but we'll be taking a (primarily) tent camping road trip through the Dakota's, including a few night in CSP, on our way to Yellowstone and was wondering what became of your trip. Any tips to share?
      jejton, I would love to hear about your trip. In September we will be spending a week in Yellowstone at Madison Campground and then the second week we will be going to Custer State Park and staying at Center Lake Campground.

Last fall we went to check out CSP on our way home from Colorado. It was really cold and rainy when we arrived so we spent 2 nights at a lodge. We fell in love with the area and we can't wait to go back. While we were there we stopped and chatted with the camp hosts. They were lovely people and they gave us tips on the best sites in their opinion.

Comment

Working...
      X