Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zipper pockets in gloves - am I the only one who did not know this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zipper pockets in gloves - am I the only one who did not know this?

I have a few pair of winter gloves that have small zipper pockets in them.

I always thought that was an odd place to try to store keys or money or something. The pockets are too small to really hold anything, but they must have some use because, well, because they are there.

Recently I was skiing and saw some kids putting small size hand warmers in the glove pockets. That made perfect sense and I realize THAT must be what the pockets are for.

If you are like me - out of touch with this important piece of technical design - think about slipping a small hand warmer into your glove pocket next time you are out in the cold.

Re: Zipper pockets in gloves - am I the only one who did not know this?

You can also find small handwarmers that use lighter fluid, like a zippo lighter. They smolder and create warmth. Don't know if they'd fit those glove pockets though.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I bought a set of gloves that came with a coupon for hand warmers so that was my clue. I carried a Gerber pocket knife for 3+ years, my buddy used it a couple times while camping, later he asked to use it again, I saw him flip open a bottle opener on it. Never knew the bottle opener was even there, I wonder how many other product features I'm not fully utilizing. :cool:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moss View Post
        I wonder how many other product features I'm not fully utilizing. :cool:
        Give them all to me and I'll do the research for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
          You can also find small handwarmers that use lighter fluid, like a zippo lighter. They smolder and create warmth. Don't know if they'd fit those glove pockets though.
          I had one of those when I was a kid. It was in my pocket and set my pants on fire. Who knows, maybe I overfilled it. In those days, kids got to use lighter fluid, matches, knives. Ahhhh those were the days...

Comment

Working...
          X