Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do i get to get off the porch and run with the big dogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do i get to get off the porch and run with the big dogs?

So when might I get out from under the moderator status and be able to view the helpful answers to some of the threads I have submitted? I have made a good attempt at abiding by forum rules, and I believe that through my various thread participations that I am not a spammer. I expect to be an active forum member, and having camped for almost fifty years I think I might have information and personal experiences that could help someone. Can I get an email with some indication of where we are in this process? Thanks! Ray

Re: When do i get to get off the porch and run with the big dogs?

ive replied to some posts on here as well and i guess they havent been approved.. i dont know what it takes but its pretty lame. we camp several times a year and i feel like this is a great place to chat with other campers but how can we chat if we never get approved!!! =(

Comment

I know that feeling, for most forums it is a set number of posts before you get approved but I am not sure how they do things here.
      Last edited by RAND0M1ZER; 06-17-2015, 08:18 PM.
      A community for camping and outdoors enthusiasts: Camping Babble

Comment

Same here, still waiting on posts from a few days ago:(

Comment

I am very new to this forum thingy especially since I was one of the first people in AZ. to get a briefcase cell phone and then a ginormous brick cell phone (with very little reception) to now having this smart phone that could have put a man on the moon back in the day... but I date myself! Been hunting, boating, camping etc. all my life... the powers that be better hurry up - I might not have that much time left to enjoy chatting with you all! Thanks

Comment

I am waiting for the same exact thing. Just waiting to get approved off of the moderator threads. I put forth good information and they still have not been approved. Makes you want to leave the forum, this is one of the few forums that I have dealt with on multiple topics that I enjoy that is like that.

Comment

Same posted a couple of times and not showing up

Comment

Originally posted by CampingLover View Post
                I am waiting for the same exact thing. Just waiting to get approved off of the moderator threads. I put forth good information and they still have not been approved. Makes you want to leave the forum, this is one of the few forums that I have dealt with on multiple topics that I enjoy that is like that.
                Same here

Comment

Same here , I've put in six , now seven posts , the first one was
                  what I thought to be a nice hello and introduction and the rest
                  were either questions / comments / thoughts , I'm not a spammer
                  just a guy that wants to contribute to the forum , I am a patient
                  person and will continue to post , and hopefully my previous posts
                  will show up in the order that I posted , rant over ; Joe

Comment

This has clearly been an issue for many years and I'm struggling with it still as well. I think the Admin review rules need to be revisited and/or the number of admins available for reviewing posts needs to be dramatically increased. Most folks will not continue to interact with a forum that makes them wait a week or longer for their questions/replies to be posted. You are losing potentially valuable forum members this way.

Comment

Originally posted by maynard727 View Post
                      This has clearly been an issue for many years and I'm struggling with it still as well. I think the Admin review rules need to be revisited and/or the number of admins available for reviewing posts needs to be dramatically increased. Most folks will not continue to interact with a forum that makes them wait a week or longer for their questions/replies to be posted. You are losing potentially valuable forum members this way.
                      The owner gave us a new moderator so you should see a speedier process. James is good and he's quick.

It is worth the hassle - the folks here are very knowledgeable and helpful. Bear with it please.
                      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                        The owner gave us a new moderator so you should see a speedier process. James is good and he's quick.

It is worth the hassle - the folks here are very knowledgeable and helpful. Bear with it please.
                        I was never actually made a moderator.
                        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                        – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                          I was never actually made a moderator.
                          Well then. I take back the first sentence...

But it's still worth suffering through the moderation period
                          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by maynard727 View Post
                            It's been that way for years and is not going to change. Let us know if you find a better, more active forum.
                            Nights camped in 2019: 24
                            Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I agree; Its a bit of a pain at first but, if you stick with it eventually all will be well... patience pays...
                              I prefer this forum over some others that are rife with flaming and trolls...

Enjoy!
                              Last edited by Happy Joe; 10-16-2017, 07:59 AM.
                              2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                              For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                              Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                              Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
                              X