Some ideas for my Trail Cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ideas for my Trail Cart?

Last week someone was nice enough to leave one of those shortened grocery carts on my property. I went to return it to the store it came from, and was told old carts are discarded and are mostly grabbed out of dumpsters by the homeless. In short they didn't want it back. So now I have a grocery cart and I love DIY projects as well as prepping for when SHTF, so naturally I need some ideas on what to use it for. I had a set of four rather tough rubber tires that came off a small wagon laying around, so I changed those out with the small slick ones the cart had. The cart manuveurs off road fairly well and with little trouble. Can't wait for some ideas!

-Thanks, KYPrepper.

Re: Some ideas for my Trail Cart?

Put some old skis under it and use it for a push sled.

Comment

Turn it upside down and use it for a pet cage

Comment

Aim your potato cannon at it and shoot potatoes through the wires = make Texas style fries.

Comment

You can use it on Halloween for your 'homeless guy' costume.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

Wait, you put oversized tires on the cart?
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

As a prepper, I would think the answer would be obvious - keep it loaded with bug out supplies. A quick way to get your stuff to the vehicle or a way to carry it all if you have to bug out on foot.

Comment

Scrap metal or use it in your work shop as a work surface, to push around tools. I have a little two shelf cart, I keep in my narrow garage, to wheel out to my truck when wrenching, it's nice to have a place to put my drink and tools for those of us who don't have the luxury of a work bench in a large garage. Unless you plan to push it on city streets in a bug out situations, retrofitting a shopping cart for anything but smoothed pavement is a waste of time and effort IMHO. If you want something to move through woodlands or rough terrains this is what you need.

http://www.discountramps.com/game-ca...FeYDOgodyAEAfg

You could wheel out a wounded family member on that cart. :cool:
                sigpic

Comment

weld it to some 2" and make a hitch cargo carrier out of it! :D

Comment

I would suggest a deep frier, but then you would need somewhere to put all that oil.

Comment

I think you just invented the 'mountain bike' version of shopping cart riding.

Comment

Working...
                      X