Grocery Cart Mods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery Cart Mods???

Someone dumped a grocery cart off on my property. I decided to bring it inside my garage and clean it up, spray a coat of black paint on it and... That's where I'm stuck. My prepper mindset remembers seeing the father and son characters from the movie adaptation of The Road trudging along with all their belongings in an old grocery cart. I need some ideas on what I can add/use this cart for? I'm not wanting to add a motor or anything like that, but I'm open to anything else... -Thanks!

Re: Grocery Cart Mods???

I would certainly look into replacing the wheels. I wouldn't go for air filled, as getting a flat would not be fun. I would however, opt for an off road style rubber wheel. perhaps a foam filled if possible? The rear wheels will be the easiest to mod, simply removing existing wheels and installing an axle. The front wheels my prove to be a bit more complex, as they provide the steering.

You could also install some side bags or a gun holster to the sides?

Another idea, if you have a large breed dog, would be to install some sort of clips to the front which would allow you to have your dog assist in pulling the cart with a proper harness.

Perhaps some sort of ski system that could be stored on lower tray of cart, that you could easily install to base of cart for winter use?

Just some ideas,
    I would love to see pics of what you end up with.

Comment

Working...
    X