Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello everyone, my name is Paul (as my user name suggests) and I live in upstate, NY with my wife and stepson. I'm just getting back in to camping after not having done it in about 15 years and see that there is a lot of good information here. We just got back from our first camping trip to the Adirondacks and we loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
      Hello everyone, my name is Paul (as my user name suggests) and I live in upstate, NY with my wife and stepson. I'm just getting back in to camping after not having done it in about 15 years and see that there is a lot of good information here. We just got back from our first camping trip to the Adirondacks and we loved it.

welcome
      where abouts upstate are you from?
      I am downstate, but camp up near watertown area,

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
        welcome
        where abouts upstate are you from?
        I am downstate, but camp up near watertown area,
        Thank you for the welcome, Terasec. I live in Oswego, NY, a little N/W of Syracuse.

Comment

Hello all! Welcome to the forum.
          Go ahead and post specific questions and opinions through out the forum and we'll all hear ya!.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
            Thank you for the welcome, Terasec. I live in Oswego, NY, a little N/W of Syracuse.
            I'm even further downstate than terasec but have been known to visit various spots further north than my locale. In fact I'm trying to book a spot @ Indian Lake for next summer but it's still too early right now.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
              I'm even further downstate than terasec but have been known to visit various spots further north than my locale. In fact I'm trying to book a spot @ Indian Lake for next summer but it's still too early right now.
              We camped at Meacham Lake which is north of Indian Lake on Rte 30. I'm not sure about Indian Lake but you can camp at Meacham Lake until mid October. We had a great time and hope to go camping again somewhere else in the Adirondacks before the weather becomes too cold.

Comment

Hello all, from San Francisco!

I go car camping about 4-5 times a year and I mostly do it for the food and the company. This year I roasted my first 60lb whole hog and it turned out amazing! I'd also like to get into more serious backpacking but haven't found the time to prepare for it yet, so I figured I'd lurk about here to read up on tips and tricks.

-Thien

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi I just joined. Never really had the urge to camp until my parents, who lived out of town bought a camper that is permanently located at a campground nearby so they can spend more time here. Now I am really wanting to do the same, only travel to various campsites. I really enjoy going to visit them, cooking out, playing games and just relaxing by the campfire. Really hoping that in the next year my husband, son and I are in the position to buy our own.

Comment

Hello. I just joined. I tent camp at least 3 times a year with my family. We do tent camping (can't afford the RVs). My daughters are at the perfect age and Michigan is a great state to live in if you like to camp.

Comment

Hi, Just joined from Texas. I usually go car camping. I have done primitive trips in the past on multi-day canoe and kayak trips. I am always looking for people to go camping with!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas City, MO - home of your World Champion Kansas City Royals!!! (had to get that in there - heck, it's been 30 years!)

We own a 31' Shadow Cruiser TT, and are members of Treasure Lake Resort in Branson, MO. Love it. We primarily go there - it's only 3 hours from our house. But in 2016 will be looking to make a trip west!

If you're looking to go to Branson (or Kansas City) - let me know!

Happy camping!!!
                        Brian

Comment

Hello, I'm Dave , my fiancé and I live in central PA. we mostly tent camp but also enjoy a camper and cabins from time to time. We love the outdoors from biking to hiking to kayaking.

Comment

Hi, Yvonne here,nice to meet you here,cheers!

Comment

You will love it here! Lots of nice people with great ideas.
                              Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the new members! Markkee nailed it, lots of great people here and great info and ideas!
                                Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Working...
                                X