Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Howdy all. 31 year old guy here. I grew up hiking and canoeing with my dad but we did very little camping. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I want to raise them to appreciate the outdoors. I am excited to take my son (3) camping this spring. Mom and baby sister might join us after he and I work some of the kinks out and get more comfortable in our camping style.

Mostly here to learn more about gear and tups for camping with kids and a city-girl wife.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Ok, I'm new to this site!! I currently have a 2012 Coleman Camper CTS192RD with the standard on roof ac unit. Little did we know that these ac units run either on or off. No thermostat. Since this is our first camper (:-)), is there ANY way to install a thermostat on this unit? Surely it can't be that difficult. If running wires is the only issue, I have that covered. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!! Next question, I have been told that the system needs to be "Ducted" for a thermostat, is that JUST for the build sheet info during the building process? Or, will it be impossible to install a thermostat because this camper is NOT ducted? Help please...........gotta' run, time to turn off the ac......LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heckler45 View Post
        Ok, I'm new to this site!! I currently have a 2012 Coleman Camper CTS192RD with the standard on roof ac unit. Little did we know that these ac units run either on or off. No thermostat. Since this is our first camper (:-)), is there ANY way to install a thermostat on this unit? Surely it can't be that difficult. If running wires is the only issue, I have that covered. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!! Next question, I have been told that the system needs to be "Ducted" for a thermostat, is that JUST for the build sheet info during the building process? Or, will it be impossible to install a thermostat because this camper is NOT ducted? Help please...........gotta' run, time to turn off the ac......LOL!!!!
        Hello and welcome to the forum. I would imagine that you can add a thermostat to any AC. It is basically an automatic on/off switch. I don't know what you mean by ducting.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Hello all! I'm from the Oregon and live near the cascades. I grew up on a large property in the forest and love being outdoors---anything from hiking, cutting wood, cycling, and of course camping. I used to camp more than I do now, but I'm hoping to get back into it more this summer now that I have more free time. Looking forward to joining the conversation!
          "It's not adventure if you have to pay for it"

Comment

Hi, I'm Matt and I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to learning a lot at Camping Forums and sharing my experiences!

Comment

Hi, I'm Dale Ann. I live in Montana and have an outdoorsy active husband and three boys that all have families that love camping. Part of it is during hunting season. Looking forward to learning about other peoples experiences.

Comment

Welcome, all!

Enjoy!
                2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
                For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
                Ground tents work best for me, so far.
                Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Hello all

I am about to go on a 4x4/backpacking trip in Colorado. I needed to get some local advise on where to go.
                  here is what I am looking for:
                  4x4 truck routes
                  Remote ghost town nearby
                  Good trout fishing
                  No people

any suggestions would be helpful
                  Thank you!

Comment

Hello everyone. New to the site. Fired up about camping as I have a new tent on order. Kodiak Canvas 10x14 ft. 6014 8 person Deluxe Canvas Tent

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                      My name is Heather, my family includes: Hubby, Son, 2 Rottweilers and 1 Jack Russell. Hubby and I started camping 4 years ago, this will be our first year seasonal at a campground in our home state. I'm excited and sad, it will be great not having to set up and take down the campsite every trip, but I'll miss seeing different campgrounds. We'll see how it goes 😀.

Comment

Hello all. I have lurked here for the past couple years. I am an avid camper (car) with my wife and two kids. I live in Boise Idaho. I backpacked when younger but alas the knees will not put up with any more. So car camping it is. The wife is hinting at a pop up. I like to draw the line at tent camping but as in any marriage compromise is in order so we may be moving into a pop up for our camping adventures soon. My philosophy on camping is quality over quantity (but not to expensive for me to worry about loss), simplicity (less can be more), and not over planning.

Comment

Heyo! I've been camping all my life, backpacking for a few years. I've done Havasupai and some other spots in Arizona. My first memory is fishing on a lake and sleeping in a tent.

I'm a blogger, writer, traveler, music therapist, and creator of HMPYG.com

I moved to Phoenix from NY. I much prefer the mountains and sunshine!!

Comment

Originally posted by HMPYG View Post
                            Heyo! I've been camping all my life, backpacking for a few years. I've done Havasupai and some other spots in Arizona. My first memory is fishing on a lake and sleeping in a tent.

I'm a blogger, writer, traveler, music therapist, and creator of HMPYG.com

I moved to Phoenix from NY. I much prefer the mountains and sunshine!!
                            Welcome to the forum. I am also in Arizona....I am the native you have heard about.
                            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                            – E. B. White

Comment

My name is Evan. I just signed up the other day. I am looking forward to getting some great insight to the world of camping.

I am 26 and love to travel and camp anytime I get a chance. I have dog that I like to include on as many trips as i can. So when it comes to trips shes is a factor. I enjoy float trips and sitting around a fire and cooking some amazing food.

I am happy I found this forum and look forward to contributing!

Comment

Hello all, names Joe , 57 years old , hiked and camped starting in high school ,
                                did that for about 10 years , then went to pickup/ tent camping for another 10
                                or so years , then got married and turned out the wife really didn't like to camp ,
                                I even bought a alaskan camper , no dice , oh well , still have the camper and
                                use it once in a while , want to get back into tent camping ( solo ) Just ran into
                                this forum tonight , so I joined up , starting to look for a new tent I can only
                                imagine what the modern day gear is like as opposed to what i used to run with .

Comment

Working...
                                X