Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Howdy Campateers,

Why "campateers," it's like belonging to a club. That's we are a club for campers! Ha Ha! This is a great place to hang your hat when you're not camping, shucks, I do! So can you!

If you just signed on to Camping Forums.com say hello here first. Tell us a little about yourself and where you are from. That way the other campers can welcome you aboard, thanks for joining the campfire, pulling up a log, pouring your favorite beverage, sittin' a spell, or enlisting in the message boards. It's a great icebreaker! Say hi and someone will say hi back. The best way to get started, too!

Just click on "post reply" and you're all set.

btw: Just remember that your 1st four to six posts or threads are moderated, this is to ensure that your not a wolf in sheep's clothing, i.e. a spammer! Spammers get a lifetime ban immediately! Also, even if you think a spammer won't be found out after six posts, try us...you'll still get banned right after you have made some friends; too bad! This is a mixed society(men/women) please refrain from obscene language. If you swear you will get one warning message from your mod, then it's ban time! That's da rules!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-16-2010, 06:14 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I'm JohnJohn, forum admin, and owner of this bless id URL. I was lucky enough to pick up the URL about 6 years ago. Since then I have also acquired the "popuptrailercamping" Yahoo Group. That group has around 2000 active posting members.

I'm 37 years old and live in Colorado. My bride and I have two children, both boys.

Prior to becoming parents we tent camped. Mostly spending time at the lake with our friends.

Since becoming parents we purchased a 1993 Coleman Arcadia pop up trailer. My wife's mother and step father sold it to us after they upgraded to a 5th wheel. Most of our camping is done in the state parks around Colorado and Utah.

As with anything 15+ year old the camper has had some minor repairs over the years. I have replace a sink faucet or two along with the hot water heater.

My in-laws travel North America in a 5th wheel and write the blog found here.

Thanks for getting the "Welcome Thread" started. Let's be sure to start new threads asking questions of each other and leave this thread for introductions only.

I hope all of you enjoy CampingFourms.com.
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Comment

New Camper

Howdy JohnJohn.

Nice to have you on board and we all hope you'll enjoy your stay with us. To camp is to live!

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
        Howdy JohnJohn.

Nice to have you on board and we all hope you'll enjoy your stay with us. To camp is to live!
        I own the forum...I'll be sticking around.
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

Hi I'm mike. I just got in checking out what's new.

Comment

Hey there,

My name is Mike, I'm 29, and married with 2 kids. We live in Milwaukee, WI and the family and i try and go camping at least 2 times/ year for just the weekend. I joined so i could have a place to ask some questions, see what other people are talking about, and maybe get some cool ideas for the next family trip!

Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Just Registered

Howdy Mike,

Thanks for joining! I've been away camping for a week in Arizona and we hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Comment

New Here

Hi I'm Mike too! There are just too many mike's in this world. Anyways, I've been an avid camper and outdoors person all my life. I'm married and have have a daughter. She is almost old enough to go on some serious camping trips. There are not many forums on the internet for camping other then the RV types. I am glad to be a part of this one. JohnJohn heres to your success.

Comment

Say Hello First!

Howdy Mike,

Glad you have on board! Hope you're stay here will be enjoyable! So where are you and your family from?

Comment

I live

I live in sunny southern California in the Palm Springs area.

Comment

Just Registered

Howdy mls7699,

Welcome again and thanks for letting us know where you hang your hat. You're just 2 hundred miles south from me! Welcome to our boards. Hope your stay with us is a pleasant one and you come back often. Jump into any forum and throw in your opinion, it counts. Share some info about sunny southern CA. Would love to hear about some of your camping trips long ago or yesterday! Tool around the member list and see what's up. Got a question, ask it in your own started topic. We are here to learn from each other. Thanks for sharin'.

Comment

Hey all,

My name is Jason Hill. I have a wife and two boys who are coming into the camping age. I came here to get more info on doing some camping. I have a ton of questions and will start asking them in the forums.

Jason

Comment

Several new folks joining lately!

I joined here not too far back. I'm Lance, from Sunny North Florida.
                          I am a 51-year old Mainframe Computer Programmer for the state.
                          I have been camping only a couple years, as an offshoot of my love of "Adventure Motorcycling". We do road trips, ride offroad, and generally stay at motorcycle-specific camp grounds during our meets. I also like the various State Campgrounds.
                          My gear tends towards the 'minimalist' side, though not as much as some avid hikers!
                          I'm still very much in a learning phase, and find this site very helpful.
                          I am blessed in having the Apalachicola National Forest as my 'back yard', so I can slip off for a quick 'over-nighter' most any time I want.
                          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Howdy y'all. My name is Scott McClure (screenname scottmphoto). I'm 37 and currently live in Russellville, Arkansas. I'm a photographer that loves the outdoors so I try to combine them as much as possible. I have a wife and three kids that love car camping but I'm more into backpacking (but camping is camping).
                            I'm a Scoutmaster for one of our local Boy Scout troops, of which my 12-year-old son is a member. They are really a car camping type of troop that I'm trying to change. Three-quarters of "Scouting"...is "outing."
                            I love camping in just about any form and look forward to reading the posts here and maybe meeting some of y'all out on the trail.
                            Scott W. McClure
                            Photographer/Scoutmaster Troop 202
                            Eagle Scout-BSA/Order of the Arrow-Vigil Honor Member

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day and only so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either." The late Galen Rowell.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmphoto View Post
                              Howdy y'all. My name is Scott McClure (screenname scottmphoto). I'm 37 and currently live in Russellville, Arkansas. I'm a photographer that loves the outdoors so I try to combine them as much as possible. I have a wife and three kids that love car camping but I'm more into backpacking (but camping is camping).
                              I'm a Scoutmaster for one of our local Boy Scout troops, of which my 12-year-old son is a member. They are really a car camping type of troop that I'm trying to change. Three-quarters of "Scouting"...is "outing."
                              I love camping in just about any form and look forward to reading the posts here and maybe meeting some of y'all out on the trail.
                              Welcome Scott,

I'm the owner of the forum thanks for stopping by. I'm also 37, my boys are Cubs, a Wolf and a Web 1. My wife and I love photography too. She more than I. Her Canon DSLR gets plenty of use while we are out. Thanks again for stopping by and welcome.
                              JohnJohn
                              ---------
                              Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
                              X