Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello to each and everyone of you newbies to the site:money:.
    I'm sure you've new eyes and info to impart and questions to ask:yes:.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Hello All! My name is Darla, AKA OneMomCamping. I grew up both tent and RV camping with my dad, mostly in Arizona and New Mexico. Now my husband, my four kids, and I live in Texas and we camp as much as we can -- both tent camping and "RV" camping in a little bitty hybrid trailer. This Summer, I'm taking my kids on a 5-week tent camping trip through Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, and back into Texas. I'm here looking for tips and advice for our trip and to just talk about camping with some good people. :-) It's nice to "meet" y'all!

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm in Wisconsin, married with 3 kids. We camp in a Springbar Family 7.
        Nights outside so far 2016: 19

Comment

• Re: I live

First post. Saying Hello from Chicago. This site has been useful for planning our roadtrip to Black Hills/BLNP and YSNP/GTNP next month.
          To the admins - I originally tried registering with my hotmail account but despite multiple requests, never received a verification code (was not in my junk mail either). Switched to my gmail account and instantly received the code. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by jejton View Post
            To the admins - I originally tried registering with my hotmail account but despite multiple requests, never received a verification code (was not in my junk mail either). Switched to my gmail account and instantly received the code. What gives?
            Not sure. Back in the old days forums use to filter spammers by not allowing "free" email accounts such as @aol, @hotmail, @juno etc. We DID that as well. It's been a good five years since I removed that limitation. Maybe some setting is still stuck in the database. We have had others register in the last few weeks with @hotmail address' though.

Anyway glad you're here. No need to worry about your @gmail getting out to anyone. We're a sole proprietor here, no big corporates phishing your email address.
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

Hello all. New here and already have a post in the tent camping section. Currently car camping, or more properly Trooper camping, but have yet to go. I hope to get some ideas of areas here in SoCal where I can drive out, set up camp for a few days and hike. I'm not opposed to campgrounds, in fact if I could find one with an open reservation, I'd take it. But that's impossible. And as far as the "walk up", tried twice and no dice, but in all fairness, it was the San Onofre State Beach campground. For now I'll search the site and look for places and ideas.

Comment

Hello everyone! Thanks for the forum and the great info! Jason and Deb here, from Missouri. We get out in the woods as much as we possibly can! happy to find a forum like this!

Comment

Hello! Grew up camping in northern Cali, now live on the east coast by beaches. Get back into camping now that the kids are old enough to hold their own. Just looking to share the interest with others and get product information/feedback as we build our supply. We are car campers but looking to do more serious survivalist treks in future when my husband returns from Japan and I know NOTHING about hammock, trail tents, shelters etc

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm very much a camping newbie - took a couple of trips in a pop-up when I was growing up, but that was about the extent of it. My husband hates camping, but I'm trying to get my kids (10 and 5) into the great outdoors. We've had two outings so far that were more glamping than camping, but they've been successful outings, so I'm looking forward to our next adventure.

I have so much to learn, so I'll be doing a lot of reading here!

Comment

Hello! I was looking around the internet for some camping forums and found this one. Loving the camping pictures and gear ideas. Thanks.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered

Hey,
                        My name is Abby, a new member here.:meuh:

Comment

Originally posted by abby.smith View Post
                          Hey,
                          My name is Abby, a new member here.:meuh:
                          You're not new - you're our resident salesperson.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                            You're not new - you're our resident salesperson.
                            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Hi everyone, i am interested in camping and hiking,glad to know many useful new here

Comment

Originally posted by Flora View Post
                                Hi everyone, i am interested in camping and hiking,glad to know many useful new here
                                Hello and welcome to the forum.
                                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                                X