Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Hello all! Im brian from ohio. I grew up camping and over the years i've lost ALL of my gear and my heart has been aching to get back to it. I fish, camp, and bbq. Looking forward to camping again.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello all. Newly registered. Very excited to pick everyones brain and share experiences.

Comment

Hello , I go by Joe H or just Joe is ok I posted a intro post 7 or 8 posts ago ,
        so I'll try again , so far all of my posts have not shown up , I understand that
        the first 6 are mointered and hoping to get approved soon so I can post on
        this site

Comment

Hello from NY

Comment

Hello All, My name is Larry. I had the urge to get back to nature a few years ago thinking I needed a truck and RV. At some point lightning struck and I realized all I really needed to add to the odds and ends I had was a tent and sleeping bag. And an air mattress. Oh and a plastic bin for kitchen stuff. And some lights. When will it end. :aww:

I finally did do some camping last summer. I haven't made it yet this year but still plan to.

Glad to be here everyone!

Comment

Hello from the KC area! My DH and I had a pop up when we were first married and got out a lot. Then we had our second kid and sold the popup camper. Now our little boy is four and we're getting out again but now tent camping.

Mostly we camp in Missouri state parks because they are so nice, inexpensive, and convenient. We just reserved a rustic cabin to camp in over Thanksgiving!

Kevin + Amy + DD (13 yo) + DS (4 yo)

Comment

Hi. Im martin a camping enthusiast and am glad to join people I can relate to

Comment

Howdy Campers!

My name is Karla "with a k" and I currently live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I've converted into hammock camping over the last two years and have camped at least one night per month for the past 24 months. Is there a hammock camping section? I couldn't find one at first glance. (I'm already on two hammock forums)

I love hosting camping weekends and I already have a couple in the works for 2018. When I have the details worked out, I'll post them on here too.

I would like to try more backpack camping, but mostly I car camp. My camping bucket list still includes sleeping in a: yurt, teepee, RV, sand dune, and snow trench. I can't wait to try those!

Comment

I keep checking this site daily to see when I've been approved and I can start participating in the forum. I'm finding this very frustrating to wait so long. I wish the policy was to let people post right away and just kick them off if they are spammers. I don't like that the rest of us have to wait weeks to get approved.

Comment

Hi everyone. My name is Charley, my friends call me Charley...so I guess you could call me Charley. I am a little late in introducing myself since joining back in December. So here goes a little rambling. I am a 50 y/o dude from Louisiana. Growing up, my family has camped out in tents, pick up truck beds, travel trailers, and pop up campers. Fishing and hunting and camping was a very important part of our lives. Fast forward to my adult life and I raised my family in the same manner. Well, over the last few years, my 2 sons have gone through college and moved on to their busy lives. My wife and I have sold our 30 foot bumper pull 2 years ago and this past year, 2017, I bought a tent... yes I have returned to my childhood. Well, my wife would say I never left it and she wants no part of the tent camping...lol, her loss. Anyways, I had forgotten how much more relaxing and energizing tent camping can be. Now, I am not a backpacker by any means, but I love car camping. Pull up to the campsite and pitch a tent or even lug my gear a 100 yards or so into the woods and just enjoy the beauty that God has given us. I am truly excited that I have found this forum and I look forward to learning from everyone and hope to be able to help someone out as well. I do have several tents and would like to share my thoughts on those in order to help others decide what might or might not be right for them or their family, that will come later of course. I am also, as of lately, interested in all things bush-crafting. Well, see you in the forum and, you never know, possibly at the campground.

Comment

I can't write a thread, I write one doesn't show up please help me

Comment

I don't like the fact that you have to wait, until God knows when, to have your post show up. How am I supposed to contribute to a forum when it takes forever before anyone "approves" my post. Just take me off your forum if this is what it is like.

Comment

Hello fellow campers!

Take a while to get approved, but I finally made it. lol.

I used to camp all the time growing up, but got out of the habit. Now my kids are older (10 & 8) and we've started going out again. Being from Texas we tend not to camp during the summer because we'd rather not melt! So, our camping is about to wrap up in the next 30 to 60 days and I'll spend the summer getting all the equipment that I forgot we needed!

But I do really enjoy getting out in nature and I come back from trips feeling so much better than when I left.
                            Last edited by cwbyflyer; 05-03-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

A helpful clue to new members and dealing with the "moderated stage":

Just post responses to any 8-10 threads as quickly as possible. That will fill the queue so JohnJohn will see activity and push the posts through quicker AND it will get you past the moderation after that first batch. So once you see those posts appear, you can start posting without delay.

If you only post once or twice in a month at the beginning it will take you multiple months to get through the moderated period. So do a bunch all at once to get off moderation, then post at your preferred rate once your past it.
                              “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Thanks for this information.

Comment

Working...
                                X