Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to set up a privacy tent for showering when minivan camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to set up a privacy tent for showering when minivan camping?

Hi all,

I'm going to be doing a road trip later this month. We'll probably be parking the camper minivan at Walmart etc parking lots some of the time.

I bought a Cleanwaste privacy tent: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CCM8C/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

And I have a Nemo Helio pressure shower: http://www.amazon.com/Nemo-NEMO-Equi...rds=nemo+helio

I want to get some good suggestions on where we could set the tent up to take showers. I was thinking the beach would be great for this, but it might not always be convenient.

Let me know if you have some good ideas, thanks!

Re: Where to set up a privacy tent for showering when minivan camping?

Many places have regulations regarding disposal of waste water. You might consider showering while standing in a laundry tub/utility tub/wash tub to collect the water. We carry one of these with us
    Click image for larger version

Name:	313398_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	69827

I like that pressure shower. We winterize our travel trailer, but it would be nice to have a shower when we camp in cold weather.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

That is a good question, but if you set up your privacy tent in the Walmart parking lot and take a shower, DO take a video. The results would have to be hilarious. It would go platinum on YouTube for sure

Comment

personally,
        if i have to park at walmart, i would skip the showers when there,
        sponge bath if anything,
        and would wait for a better location to set up a shower.
        ever see the website dedicated to pics of walmart shoppers? sure you will make the list.

Comment

If you can, return the $200 worth of shower gear...

If there is no beaches or public outdoor pools(that are open at this time of year) where they have public showers- you can spend a few dollars to get into the local YMCA/gym or an indoor pool and use their shower facilities.

If someone sees you Getting naked in a walmart parking lot, that could lead to some trouble. Or at the very least someone will video you and it will be on YouTube before you even dry off...
          Last edited by Logtec; 12-08-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Logtec hit the nail on the head, alot of gyms offer free one day trials, they might make you walk around with a sales person for a quick tour, but then you can work out, swim, sauna for the day and use their showers. :cool:
            sigpic

Comment

Here is a blog post on the same issue
              http://avintagerollingstone.blogspot...necessity.html

The solution might help the OP
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
              X