No announcement yet.

Max-Pax: Ladies, we need your opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max-Pax: Ladies, we need your opinion!

Our Max-Pax (the handy wallet/phone-holster/backpack) has been a very popular item, but we were recently told it could be improved. The wife of a customer said she really likes her husband's Max-Pax and wants one of her own, but she doesn't want it in Olive Drab.

After some conversations with our fabric supplier (and more than a few samples), we have new color options. So we're asking our female customers (potential customers included) to look at our color samples and pick a favorite. We'll take the two most popular and offer the Max-Pax in those colors for the next year. Please look at the charts below and pick your favorite color:

Click image for larger version

Name:	color01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	72656Click image for larger version

Name:	color02.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	72658Click image for larger version

Name:	color03.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	72657

The color names are in Japanese, so just use the numbers at the top left of each sample. There are 72 choices, so hopefully you will find one you like! Please post your choices here, or email me.

Thank you!
    Sleep bug free!
    www.BreezyBrigade.com

Re: Max-Pax: Ladies, we need your opinion!

I would use the original color for camping.

I would pick 520 and 535 to match my kick scooters (red Razor A5, red Xootr MG, and green Sbyke P-20), where their use would be terrific.
    Last edited by actad; 11-07-2013, 07:45 AM.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
      I would use the original color for camping.

I would pick 520 and 535 to match my kick scooters (red Razor A5, red Xootr MG, and green Sbyke P-20), where their use would be terrific.
      No. 67 (520) and No. 57 (535). Got it, thanks!
      Sleep bug free!
      www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

I can't stand a mish mosh of colored accessories. I prefer basic black.
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
          I can't stand a mish mosh of colored accessories. I prefer basic black.
          Makes good sense. Thanks!
          Sleep bug free!
          www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

I am a black or tan kind of gal myself.

Comment

I could see that bag being used not only for camping/hiking but for city sightseeing and general travel. As such 817 or 819 appeals to me not just from a fashion forward POV but also to make it easier to see/locate. Should the fabric be easy to clean...have a high denier I wouldn't need to worry about upkeep. I realise that Pantone says THE colour for 2014 is orchid but that might be for a different age group:p.
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

To be honest NYCgrrl, that's how I've used mine most of the time. In Tokyo, I'll leave the house using it as a phone holster/wallet, and fill it up with souvenirs during the day. Then wear it as a backpack during the shopping and back to the house. This photo is from my most recent trip to Japan, and the bag is full of die-cast cars.

Back here in the U.S., I typically use it with my motorcycle, for picking up groceries on the way home from my regular job.

No. 54 (817, Azure) and No. 58 (819, Carrot) for you. Got it, thanks!

Orchid? Really? :confused:

:D
                Sleep bug free!
                www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

The main compartment is large enough for a 35mm SLR camera body plus a lens or two.

Does that $209.95 include the 35 mm camera body and lenses it's large enough to accommodate? I guess they really are getting cheap since they're obsolete.
                  The olive drab does look good with those 9mm mags though...
                  Last edited by tplife; 01-20-2014, 05:33 PM.
                  “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                  ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                    The main compartment is large enough for a 35mm SLR camera body plus a lens or two.

Does that $209.95 include the 35 mm camera body and lenses it's large enough to accommodate? I guess they really are getting cheap since they're obsolete.
                    The olive drab does look good with those 9mm mags though...
                    That old SLR still has film in it. It's probably been in there about 15-20 years! I'll have to get it developed just to see what's on there.

And those are .45ACP magazines in the Perrine Pack. They go to the Sig Sauer P220 Supermatch you see sticking up in front.

(The Max-Pax is the item below the Perrine Pack.)
                    Sleep bug free!
                    www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

After getting color ideas from here, the website, the Facebook Page, etc., the votes were tallied and the results are in: #25 yellow and #51 almond. They will be available by mid-April!
                      Sleep bug free!
                      www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

should think about a name change
                        a back pack was not what i was thinking when i clicked on this
                        curiousity got the best of me

Comment

Well, to be fair, my partner in Japan sells it as the "Mex-Pax". "Mex" being a shortened Japanese version of "American Express" (which is a reference to the credit card slots when it's in wallet mode). I didn't want to run afoul of the credit card company (or attorneys for La Raza, for that matter), so I changed it a little. As a lifelong bachelor, I didn't make any other connection. Until your post. Hmmm...

"Wal(let)-Pax"? No, the attorneys for the offspring of Sam Walton would come after me. And everybody would think my product is made in China.

"Mega-Pax"? No, that's vitamin supplements. Or steroids.

"Trans-Pax"? Um, no.

Man, this is going to be tougher than I thought...

:o

:D
                          Sleep bug free!
                          www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

Anybody want to see the new colors?

From left to right, Kiyomi Yellow, Original Olive, and Mihoko Almond.

Sleep bug free!
                            www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
                              should think about a name change
                              a back pack was not what i was thinking when i clicked on this
                              curiousity got the best of me
                              Oh jeezieweezie......... yer giving me flashbacks and that's soooooooooooo not good.

oops
                              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
                              X