Winter storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter storage

Any one know were to turn on the 12 volt water pump on a 1986 skyline trailer I want to run antifreeze in water lines for winter storage. I located the pump, but cannot find the switch to turn it on.

Re: Winter storage

There should be a switch on the wall on your control panel. Usually there are a set of lights to show the levels in your tanks, and battery charge next to it, also your water heater. It may be labeled with an odd name like "water supply", or similar name. Typically in order to get the water pump to pull anit=freeze there will be a switch under the sink on the line going to the water pump. There may be a plastic hose that you can put in the anit-freeze container. Some older systems are not set up that way. You can drain the plumbing system and then blow air thru it with a simple device that you can buy at any RV store. That is the old school way to winterize. Then just pour some anti-freeze in your tanks and p-traps ( sink, shower, etc.).

Comment

Thanks I'll look, I did blow air into water heater but not sure if all the water is out of lines I may take off lines and blow them back, I could even pour anti freeze into the lines then. No user manual. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

There is normally a bypass valve for the water heater. Then you can take out the plug and drain it. Mine has a diode, long rod to capture oxidation that is removable.

Comment

Sometimes I call an rv service dealer and they suggest answers for questions like this.
          When I awoke, the Dire Wolf
          Six hundred pounds of sin
          Was grinning at my window
          All I said was, "Come on in".

Comment

Working...
          X