Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chuck Box, Patrol Box or Camp Kitchen

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
    Didn't realise you were that far along. So are you happy despite the weight?
    Oh yes, there are a couple of little things I would have done different. The leg assembly is the biggest one. I like the way they are done but I would have used less metal to do the same thing.

I also realized a couple of things I want to add. Some hooks to hold my measuring cups and spoons while it is in use, a latch to hold the doors open on uneven ground. But overall I absolutely love it. Even the weight isn't a big deal since it has wheels.
    Attached Files
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

For some more design ideas, check out the dry boxes used by river rafters and the panniers used by horse packers. Many are now aluminum which is lighter for its strength. A piano hinge is a good idea. Add legs to make them waist height.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
        I finished building my chuckbox and started painting it last night. I might have gone a little overboard with the size. It is pretty heavy even empty.
        That's my concern as well. DH and I just purchased a sterlite plastic 3 drawer set to use for our camp kitchen but I think long term we're going to go with a checkbox too. I doubt the sterlite will hold up long term. We have a suburban that our chuckbox can stay in while we're camping but I know I'm going to have to be the person to help load it and I'm not looking forward to that.

Comment

Working...
        X