Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What uses can you think of?

Hello,

If you had a water proof tarp the size of a towel, what could you do with it? how many uses can you think of?

Let me know your thoughts.

Re: What uses can you think of?

Keep fire wood dry
    A place to sit on wet ground or picnic table
    Shade for watching a laptop or TV outdoors
    "Peace of mind" cover for electronics like boomboxes, portable DVD players etc.

Comment

stretched out it could be a sink
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Canopy for my pup, cover for my kick scooter, tablecloth on the cooler, windscreen cover on the boat.

If it was a blue tarp, I'd paint a gold WV on it for the game this weekend
        - Laura
        Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Add some rope and you can make a comfy chair

http://www.alpharubicon.com/primitiv...dseatingrh.htm

Comment

big enough towel/tarp, can tie rope at both ends and turn it into a hammock,
            do like dry place to sit idea,

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
              stretched out it could be a sink
              Or dig a hole in the ground and line it with the plastic and use it for a sink.

Comment

Use it to wrap fish.

Comment

Burn it for warmth.
                  2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Im not sure the grommets would hold, but assuming they would, you could lay some firewood on the tarp, then fold the tarp over the firewood and lace some cordage through the eyelets making a sack of sorts, with 2 shoulder straps, allowing you to carry some firewood on your back. Being a tarp, it would keep the wood fairy dry.

You could also fold it, and lace the cordage through it, to make a tinder pouch. Probably more practical than the firewood idea.

Comment

Stuff I never thought of. I usually use stuff like this to tie up somewhere to make a children's tent situation and put toys under it, as there are so many children in family. Using it for smaller wood to start fires is a great idea ! Otherwise I would probably use it to cover my beloved stove. (I cook real meats better over an open fire.) No stove, NO coffee !!! Haven't figured out yet how to make coffee over a fire without burning it. Or egg omelet either..... n

Comment

It would be good to stand on when you are changing clothes on outside.

Comment

I use tarps to make a hot tub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuav64whJYs

Comment

Working...
                          X