Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for dispersed camping near Portland, OR

Hi Everybody,

I glanced through a few threads here and in other parts of the forum, but I didn't see anything that caught my eye for an answer.

I'm looking for good dispersed camping areas near Portland, OR. I read that the Tillamook National Forest allows dispersed camping, but I'm not sure where to start (It's a BIG area!).

In particular, I'm just looking for an area either by vehicle or short walk from vehicle or hike-in (preferably hike-in) where my friends and I can camp without sight nor sound of anything or anybody else. THAT, to me, is camping. Just going out into the wild with a tent! NOT looking for campgrounds, designated camping areas with tables and firepits, etc. Just an allowable expanse where I can go off in the woods.

So, any suggestions/advice? It's going to be a "guy trip" and also for my 30th birthday, so I want it to be pretty kickass. I'd be willing to drive upwards of about 2hrs or maybe 3hrs for a good spot.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for dispersed camping near Portland, OR

Want to provide some insight regarding disperse camping in Tillamook National Forest. We went last summer and camped along the north fork of Wilson river. The dispersed sites are pretty much campsites where you can comfortably park your car at the site. It was pretty quiet, no one really around you. We also camped on along Jordan Creek, but encountered more people driving by us.

Comment

Re: Looking for dispersed camping near Portland, OR

I wanted to add some insight to this thread. I camped in the Tillamook forest at a couple difference dispersed campsites. One along the North Fork of the Wilson River and one along Jordan Creek. The sites are right off the road so there isn't any hiking in and the sites are spread out far enough where you don't hear other campers. I did encounter more traffic and people driving by at Jordan Creek, but all around both sites were nice.

Comment

Working...
      X