Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real close to the water Maine or Rhode Island

For 2014
    Looking for a place in Maine or Rhode Island that is real close to the water. Or even on the beach.

What I am not looking for is one of these campgrounds that when you open your door it hits the camper next to you.

We have a 30' trailer with slideout.

Thanks

Re: Real close to the water Maine or Rhode Island

Libby's Oceanfront campground York Main. Sit right on the ocean. Beautiful views, great owners. Its a more laid back campground, no pool or game room for the kids perfect place to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmilburne View Post
      Libby's Oceanfront campground York Main. Sit right on the ocean. Beautiful views, great owners. Its a more laid back campground, no pool or game room for the kids perfect place to relax.
      Google Earth Libby's you can see how close the sites are, they are fairly close, but it's waterfront so you can expect that, I have family at Camp Eaton now seasonal only across the street from Libby's. I've heard alot of talk about the Flagg's RV park up there changing hands or something along those lines, they were foreclosed on, I look forward to seeing what happens to that park. I tent camped @ Dixon's on Rt. 1 this year, not on the water, but if you are willing to drive to the beach it's a nice park, like I said I tent camped so I can't speak to their trailer plots.:cool:
      sigpic

Comment

Funny i live in NYC and looking for the same thing. I am looking for a woods feel type of camping where i can cook from a fire pit and not have to hear people laughing or blasting music from the next camp site. I also own an inflatable boat so I would love a site 10-30 yards from a lake/river or ocean where i can do a little bit of fishing. Sorry do not mean to hijack your thread

Comment

Originally posted by weiked View Post
          Funny i live in NYC and looking for the same thing. I am looking for a woods feel type of camping where i can cook from a fire pit and not have to hear people laughing or blasting music from the next camp site. I also own an inflatable boat so I would love a site 10-30 yards from a lake/river or ocean where i can do a little bit of fishing. Sorry do not mean to hijack your thread
          Hey nabe and welcome!

Have you looked at the water access only campsites in NYS? There's at least 10 of em and some are on islands so tiny only one or 2 campsites per island. Not sure about the fishing part since I'll gut and scale em plus cook but not catch 'em - strange I know,LOL.

Here's a link that will help ya navigate thru all the diff depts that have water sites in NYS

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/29/tr...oundss%2F&_r=0

You might also like this place in CT. Haven't been there but heard good stuff:
          Lake Waramaug State Park

Get to making your reservations soonest though. It's starting to book up fast thru out the tri state region.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
          X