Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What TV Shows will You Miss while Camping?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV Shows will You Miss while Camping?

I'll need to record or watch online the following shows:

Walking Dead
    Hell on Wheels
    Breaking Bad (hoping I can catch up with past episodes before the end. I missed an entire season)
    Dr. Who assuming it'll be new this summer.
    and whatever Masterpiece Theatre is offering.
    I "cheated"(kiddos are not allowed any internet or video whilst camping:p) last year and watch some TV. Boy oh boy did I pay for that when the cell bill came in so there will be NO repeats of that debacle.

So what will you regret missing on first run nights?
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: What TV Shows will You Miss while Camping?

None! I love being away from the TV

Comment

+1 on the "none"! I don't watch tv - I actually do not own a tv at all.
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

I gave up TV when they went to digital and screwed it up. Didn't watch it much for years bafore that. No, don't miss it at all.
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-24-2013, 05:16 PM.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

applause! We got it but don't really watch it.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I don't watch much TV and i don't miss it!!!

Comment

None. Being unplugged is much more important.

Comment

the only series I try and watch is History's "Top Shot" but I can watch it later on demand or on the web. I don't miss the tv at all. We do take the lab top and let the little girl watch 30 minutes of a movie before she goes to bed. She usually is pretty tuckered out from the day and falls asleep pretty quick. I think my wife enjoys that little bit of down time as well.
                Nights camped in 2019: 24
                Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

like the man vs wild. and things like that make me want to go camping again

Comment

at home i enjoy watching nature and survival shows
                    also enjoy cheesy scifi movies, yes i admit it i like cheesy sci fi movies, low budgets, bad acting can watch it for hours
                    but when in the woods, dont think i ever thought of what i am missing on tv,
                    just the opposite, nature shows make me want to get out in the woods

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
                      at home i enjoy watching nature and survival shows
                      also enjoy cheesy scifi movies, yes i admit it i like cheesy sci fi movies, low budgets, bad acting can watch it for hours
                      but when in the woods, dont think i ever thought of what i am missing on tv,
                      just the opposite, nature shows make me want to get out in the woods
                      Does this mean you saw "Sharknado"?:D
                      Haven't seen it myself but some of my cyber grrls on a different forum regaled us all summer with quotes from the movie, LOL.

I've been known to turn the box off for long time periods yet find that some of the recent dramas, particularly on AMC, are quite compelling and best of all, plot driven with great characterizations.
                      Haven't seen such good writing since gosh maybe "Lonesome Dove".

terasec...if you haven't seen the bird specials on Nature (I think it's called "EarthFlight") please do. Amazing cinematography.
                      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I have a DVR but still managed to miss the Arizona Cardinals game. I forgot to set it. :mad:
                        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                        – E. B. White

Comment

As much as I would like to say I wont miss my shows while I go camping, unfortunately I have become addicted to shows like Castle, Grimm, and Scandal. When you work long hours it is nice to come home and be able to turn off your brain. But my shows don't restrict my abilities to drop everything and go outdoors.
                          Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

Working...
                          X