Tramper Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tramper Project

Ok so will be going from tent to homemade camper trailer as this trailer was free. Now the work has already started to convert this to our new camper. Any ideas or tips along the way will be helpfull.

Re: Tramper project

Need to see more photos, inside & out. Dimensions to would help. Sound like a fun project! I'm moving this to DIY forum you'll probably get more feedback there than in the photo gallery.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: Tramper Project

looks like have lots of options there,
      like to see the outcome,
      for people to chime in, more info would help,
      type of camping? how long are your trips? how many people?

Comment

First thing, clean up. Given the name of the company who used it, check it for any chemical residues. You don't want any lingering nastiness where your family will be sleeping, eating and playing.
        Next, a good roof vent. A closed-up box can be dangerous. Then, the skies the limit! Of course, you do have a good tow vehicle - these trailers can be heavy! Check the ball size too. I rode with my buddy to pick up his new box trailer, and the guy selling swore it used the size ball our trailer hitch had..... we hit the RR tracks, and the trailer popped off the hitch! Ruh-roh! No damage other than our pride - the ball was the next size down from the trailer's coupler! Good thing the chains held!
        These trailers are heavy duty - should last a good long time once converted, compare to some flimsier travel trailers.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Re: Tramper Project / update

Ok it's 7 x 15 and I have pics but cant seem to change the size of them. Trips are usually weekends but several week trips or longer during the year.

Comment

Thanks yes... I got it from my work bio blast is actually like baking soda blasting so is save but I have totally stripped it great advice thanks!

Comment

Re: Tramper Project/Update

Fully insulated and air conditioner installed.

Comment

Re: Tramper Project/ update

Ok lots of work later and this is where I'm at now

Comment

I am going to show your "Before" project photos to my wife so that she will never again complain about tent camping.

One thing is for sure; the "Bio-Blast Systems" moniker on the side of the trailer is a keeper. No matter what you do, that has to stay in-tact. Maybe change the phone number to the number of somebody you don't like as you drive around the USA (and hopefully Mexico) with it.

Comment

A lot of work put into it but it looks great so far! keep it up cant wait to see how it turns out!

Comment

Looking good! The insulation is an excellent idea. Your winter camping should be quite comfy.
                      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I just suggested it in another thread, but theres a site I saw that had a lot of cool self made rigs of all sorts, with ideas I never would have thought of (like hand showers with hot water out the side of a small cargo trailer etc). Look at the expedition portal site, in the forums.

I have friends with a converted cargo trailer/camper. It has a bed that electrically raises and lowers across the back, a kitchen area and small bathroom. Their kitchen space has an outside drop down that accesses the kitchen tools and supplies and forms a table when dropped, and is still accessible from inside when desired. I'd love to build one similar.
                        Last edited by Malamute; 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X