No announcement yet.

???How Do I Attach A FILE to a Post???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ???How Do I Attach A FILE to a Post???

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.:cool:
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: ???How Do I Attach A FILE to a Post???

Thanks for the info. I ran a test too and received the same notification. Forwarding info to admin will get a response or fix and will let everyone know.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

test
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Coydog - looks like a successful test. I can view your pic of the stove.

There are other photo sharing sites, but I use Photobucket to post my images/pics (it's free) and upload to CampingForum threads from there.

Upload your image/pic to Photobucket first. On the right hand side of Photobucket will be Share Links section on your photo. Copy the Direct http address by clicking on it. Then go into the thread where you want to post your image, click "advanced reply" and then use the "Insert Image" icon (6th one from the right-has a little tree on it). A window will pop up...right click within the address line of the popup address and paste your copied link from Photobucket.

I use the Preview Post button in the thread to ensure my photo is not too large or too small prior to posting in the thread. If it's not the right size, you can use the edit feature within Photobucket to adjust your image/pic size. After you do it a few times, you'll get the hang of it.
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Thanks hoosier. Trying to figure out this forum. I tried photobucket out a while back and give up on it. Couldn't find the preview post either, I'll look closer. Pulled the stove out and cleaned it up. Cracked a egg in the Griswold to check it out. Also tried to do a quote on one of your posts and messed that up,sorry.

Comment

Check. Don't see preview post?
            Attached Files

Comment

There are 2 ways to reply to a thread: Quick Reply or Go Advanced. Within the Go Advanced option there will be a Preview Post button to the bottom right under where you type your reply (along with other neat little things you can add to your post like smiley faces, etc). Clicking the Preview Post button will allow you to see how your post will look on the thread prior to actually posting it. It's good for making sure your images are the right size for the page.
              2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
              Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
              Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
              Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X