This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campground Reviews

Here's the thread to give your opinion of any campground that you have been to. What are the amenities, what is the conditions on the landscape? Cleanliness, how well organized, did it have a camp host? How large are the tent pads, the RV pads? Was there any separation from RVs & tents, how much privacy between sites are there? What are the fees? Good or not so good, or the worse place you have ever camped at? What were the conditions of the picnic tables: wood, steel or concrete? You just never know who you might help when someone is looking for an organized campground, it might just be you looking for what someone else said about a campground that you are looking for!

Photos of the campgrounds are always encouraged!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Campground Reviews

Yosemite Lakes RV Resort - does anyone have any direct experience with this park? I have always tent camped but now have a 20' popup and my wife says we have to have electrical/water hookups. I want to go to Yosemite in Sept. but none of their sites have hookups. I have found this park just outside the NP and it sounds pretty good. I'd like to know if there are any opinions from those who have been their.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

We tent camped alongside mom's MountainAire during a Yosemite trip about six years ago, had a helluva good time, no issues with the Yosemite CG riffraff, barbeless hook lure fishing (and catching) trout right on the Tuolumne River at the park. You don't need to be a 1000 Trails Member to stay there. 50A service, nice, clean nothing but good times, and a beautiful seperate area for tent campers. Just 5 miles from the Yosemite West Gate entrance...Can't say enough good things about 1000 Trails. I hope to go back again some day!
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - Is access to fishing areas fairly easy? My wife would love to do some fishing but is physically unable to do much walking. How large are the camping areas for RVs?

Comment

The stream access points are within a short walk, fairly accessible in my opinion. Bait fishing is prohibited, so with lures you're busy casting. RV spaces were standard size, plenty of links and info are available on line. One map link:

http://brauer-crews.com/images/Yosemite_Lakes_map.JPG
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
          X