Coleman Hampton Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Hampton Tent

I just picked up a Coleman Hampton tent yesterday from Target. I went through a first time set up yesterday afternoon in the backyard to get things in order before heading out on a trip.

I was looking really forward to the hinged doors, but they don't seem to operate very well. I did read a tip to NOT stake the tent floor down tight. That'll help with the doors.

Anyone else own this tent with pointers? Pics inside/outside? I love to see what others do with their setups to gather ideas

Re: Coleman Hampton Tent

I purchased that same tent about a year ago at a Coleman factory store big clearance sale. I (approaching 50 yr. old and 6'3" tall) was really getting tired of crawling around in the tent on my knees or walking in a constant bent over position. We have only had the tent out one time for a four day weekend this past fall. The doors were not a deal maker for me, but rather the near vertical walls and the space comfort. My wife gives me that strange look when I refer to it as our Polyester RV. This tent is very easy to live with.
    As far as the doors go I did experience some troubles with them closing and staying closed. This seems to be due to the tent leaning a bit. once I guided it out for the looming thunderstorm the doors worked better. I could take them or leave them. As a mater of fact I did. One door I used with the poles inserted to make a hinged door and one I used conventionally. I think this is a tent we can like.

Comment

I have a Weathermaster 7 screened tent with the hindged door. So far I've had no issues with door. The wife liked the tent with door and screened in area and bought it for us.

Comment

If you gonna plan on staying dry going through a bad storm in a Coleman tent your gonna be depending on keeping the windows and doors closed since their rain fly Barely covers them. Not trying to rain on somebodies parade but there are better quality tents with full rain flys out their. I wish Kodiak would come out with a rain fly for the Flex bow tents, this is one thing i didnt think of before i got it.
        Last edited by swebob; 03-03-2013, 04:21 PM.
        Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

yep, swebob summed up the Coleman Hampton in one sentence. That's the dirty little secret of Coleman's marketing plan. They market it as a waterproof tent but the secret is that you have to close every window, making it into an oven with buckets of condensation building inside by the second.
          We bought a Coleman tent 3 years ago. My DH had not camped before and his friends were bad mouthing Coleman tents. The first trip out it stormed very heavy, blowing, thunder and lighting both nights. The first night I kept thinking I would never get him to camp again. We sat in the tent and played games while it stormed. Windows were open and not a drop of water in the tent.

We have had many of trips in this tent with no problems.

Comment

So far so good with the Hampton...LOVING the room, but yea, we have not yet tested it in a rain storm.

Comment

Working...
            X