Let's see some canvast tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's see some canvast tents

Recent find - a great $50 purchase: National Canvas Products #307 El Dorado, 9'4" x 17'6" finished dimensions, probably 50's vintage?? Never seen one like this before.Click image for larger version

Name:	National Canvas 9x17 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	69790Click image for larger version

Name:	National Canvas 9x17 001.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	69791Click image for larger version

Name:	National Canvas 9x17 005.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	69792

Comment

Wow, Greens! That is a fantastic tent. What a great find. Thanks for posting the pic!

Comment

A "new" small canvas ridge tent (7'x9'):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ridge Tent 7x9 001.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	69812

Comment

I'm a new member here, and my Dad recently passed away in January and I found this really old tent buried away under the mounds of stuff he had accumulated over the years. What is it and how old is it would you guys guess? I measured it and it's 9 feet long and 7 feet wide, I just set it up in my yard this morning. It's around 5 feet tall I'd guess. Seems to be real good shape and I want to take it camping this weekend! I love canvas tents, they are better than the nylon tents I've used previously. Pretty sure it's made out of canvas anyway. The tag on the front is quite illegible or I'd know what it was.

Also, what can I use to treat the canvas to make it more water resistant? I sprayed it with my garden hose to check for leaks and it has a few small ones, but nothing serious.

Comment

I have used Nikwax in the past with fair results. I say fair because during all day heavy rains our old tent always seemed to drip over my bed.

Comment

Working...
            X