How do YOU carry bicycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do YOU carry bicycles

For those of you that have not heard about them, the Allen Sports Tension Bar Bicycle Cross-Bar Adaptor is a blessing for putting bicycles without top tubes onto bicycle carriers.

These bars help when you have a girls bike or other bike that does not have a top tube. The bar attaches to the seat post and handle bar stem to create a top tube that you can lay on top of the bicycle carrier rack.

They sell for under $20

Last edited by Mike; 07-30-2014, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Some good info. Thanks for the replies. It looks like I need a better carrier. I will look into some of the brands you all have mentioned.

Comment

Saris "Bones"

Comment

For me it is the 1Up rack. I normally carry one to three bikes, sometimes four on a Honda Odyssey. These are very good racks which are becoming very popular with the mountain bike race crowd. No plastic and they grab the wheels which avoids damage and works well with full suspension bikes. No sway and no bike rub as it is easy to stagger the bikes to avoid contact with each other. The rack folds very compactly when not in use and off the vehicle. It actually folds small enough to put a four place rack inside the van. Normally I have it set up to carry either two or three bikes and add the fourth as necessary.

As a very frequent user I cannot recommend it enough but it is not cheapest thing in the world.

Edit: Three bikes on the rack and a full load of camping gear has necessitated air bags in the springs to combat sag in the back end.
          Last edited by jhat; 08-02-2014, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X