Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Nice looking spot, GlitterHiker. Looks isolated and peaceful.
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM. Reason: Spelling corrected, hope you don't mind.

Comment

WEST TEXAN: nice looking campsite...What lake/where was the picture taken?

GLITTERHIKER: where is that camping area located in your picture?

We need info for possible future trips, Please...

Comment

Those pics were at Twin Buttes in San Angelo, Texas at the big pond. Far as I know, that is the only spot out there with grass. The other side of the lake is all rock and sand. The water to the left of the tent is the equalization channel, we could hear the water running the entire weekend. There was about a 3 foot waterfall and a lot of water running through when we got there. It had slowed down quite a bit our last day there.
        Last edited by West Texan; 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM.
        "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Haven’t been out for a while due to medical problems but everything is good to go. I am starting to get my strength back, but here are two that I posted awhile back.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling( hope you don't mind?)

Comment

well, we hope you are going to be ok Nickadeamus! That is a kick ass tent. Canvas??

Comment

This pic is a couple of years old, but, is still all the current gear we use. The tent is a Coleman Max Oasis 10x14. The campsite is at Hillman's Ferry campground at Land Between the Lakes in KY.Click image for larger version

Name:	267521_110046122423631_7716791_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	69645

This was the evening sunset views we enjoyed, looking out across the bay on to KY Lake.Click image for larger version

Name:	269742_110035289091381_5128897_n.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	69646

Comment

The MainAgenda,

Everything is going to be good now and no it is not canvas. But it still is a nice tent and I have a very good wood heating stove for it that works great in winter months. It might be the same stuff your tent is made out of, for this is also a Cabela’s tent.
                Last edited by Nickadeamus; 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

well you have a very nice tent. We also have a small wood stove, haven't used it yet though lol
                  Cabela's is the best, don't ya think?

Comment

I can only talk for myself,
                    but I love my Cabela’s Ultimate Alaknak Tent and my Four Dog Stove that I use to heat it. I know most on here think it is too big but I also think their tent is too small. I don’t do much backpacking but do set my big tent up and use it as base camp as I spend the day hiking on/off trails and come back to a great tent and get some much needed rest. I shouldn’t call what I do as hiking because it is more like exploring. I will explore every nook and cranny of an area. If there is a cave that I can fit into I’ll explore that as well. I don’t have much need for trails.

Comment

This is my last backpack trip to Marion Lake. 7 day no one around and the fishing was great. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image003.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	69711Click image for larger version

Name:	Looking North Marion Lake.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	69710Click image for larger version

Name:	Marion lake North end Marion lake trail.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	69709

Comment

Box Elder Campground 5-10 to 5-13 2013, Mother's Day Weekend

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Renodesertfox I have a question for you. Is your shelter a big Agnes Three forks shelter? If it is what do you think of it? Would you buy it again, does it serve its purpose? Have you used the side panels? I am looking to purchase a shelter to cook under and eat under in bad weather.
                          Thanks a head of time.
                          Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                          Box Elder Campground 5-10 to 5-13 2013, Mother's Day Weekend

Comment

No it is not! Our 3 season tent is a Pahaque(pronounced= Pa-ha-key) is 12x10 and was free to us for doing a test & review for this company that first was introduced in 2012.
                            PahaQue's Promontory XD, 8 Person - PR101

It has a room divider but we never use it! It's perfect for two adults & a large dog!

PahaQue Wilderness Cottonwood Sidewall Tent Accessory (Forest Green, 10 x 10-Feet)

I would recommend this shelter for cooking under and it's very in-expensive and stable in high winds!
                            Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-15-2013, 08:39 AM.
                            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Renodesertfox, that looks like pretty scruffy camping
                              For a developed campground. (Wedging your tent in the brush, etc). Is that typical in Utah? Is that a state, National, or private campground?

Comment

Originally posted by firebunkers23 View Post
                                This is my last backpack trip to Marion Lake. 7 day no one around and the fishing was great. [ATTACH=CONFIG]4037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4036[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4035[/ATTACH]
                                That looks like excellent camping and if the fishing is good that makes it tremendous!

Where is Marion Lake? Which state?

Comment

Working...
                                X