X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Originally posted by gr8brew View Post
    Hi Aeryn,

Have you ever camped or herd of Fish Creek Pond in the Adirondacks? Might make that my first trip with the kids after school is out.
    Hi gr8brew,

I haven't camped there or even heard of it, but there are SO many places to camp in the Adirondacks that it's not surprising. I'm a huge fan of using the internet to try and see pictures and read reviews of great places to camp. Hopefully you will have some luck if you try researching things that way too!

I'm heading to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park next month. Really looking forward to getting out...and it might even be warm there!

Best,
    Aeryn

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn View Post
      Hi gr8brew,

I haven't camped there or even heard of it, but there are SO many places to camp in the Adirondacks that it's not surprising. I'm a huge fan of using the internet to try and see pictures and read reviews of great places to camp. Hopefully you will have some luck if you try researching things that way too!

I'm heading to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park next month. Really looking forward to getting out...and it might even be warm there!

Best,
      Aeryn

Okay thanks for the input I have never been to that part of the country, I'm looking forward to it. Hope you and your new pup have a good trip in the Smokies they are on my short list. Yes its April 16th and there was a little snow here in southern New England going south is a great idea. Please take some pictures and post and report.

Cheers,
      Marshall

Comment

I camped this week at Mt. Desert Campground in Bar Harbor, Maine:

And a video:

http://youtu.be/sgyOjmwU-qg
        Last edited by hwc1954; 06-14-2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Thats a good looking site. I still can't get over the wood platform. They just don't exist here...not that I have ever seen at any rate.
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

I'd say more than half the sites at this campground have tent platforms. On many sites, they are actually cantilevered out over a hillside. It really works well in practice. Use nails instead of tent stakes. Nice and level. Dry. The platforms at this campground were either 12 x 12 or 12 x 16.

Comment

James, nice chuck box. Do you happen to have any larger pictures of it? I keep toying with the idea of building one. Today I use a Rubbermaid Action Packers.

Comment

A couple from St Joseph Peninsula State Park (off of Port St Joe, FL, in the panhandle)

Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                Nights under the stars:
                2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

From the kids scout trip at Chehaw in Albany, GA. It was the REI tent's inaugural trip.

The tent sites here are HUGE. I mean INSANE. They're not very organized, though, and most don't have a picnic table. It's bizarre. The RV sites are more what you expect. The zoo is nice, the BMX track is awesome, and the playground? Have mercy, it's beyond just a playground. If you have kids you owe it to yourself to look it up just for that.
                  Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                  Nights under the stars:
                  2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                  2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Originally posted by coloradowalt View Post
                    James, nice chuck box. Do you happen to have any larger pictures of it? I keep toying with the idea of building one. Today I use a Rubbermaid Action Packers.
                    Yeah, check here this thread.
                    http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...light=chuckbox

I am really proud if it. If you have any questions on it or need pictures of something particular let me know.
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1354.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	69877

Cottonwood Creek near the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Mine is the Lunar Duo (I like my space).

Comment

Firehole Canyon State Park in the Ashley Forest WY. It's about 20 miles south of Rock Springs WY. in the SW corner of the state.

Here is what were looking at.

Comment

Dammit, bluestar... I've always known I wanted to see the western parts of the U.S. Pictures like that make the fact that I can't get out there really painful!
                          Awesome view!!!

One of these years...
                          Last edited by MacGyver; 07-24-2014, 04:50 AM. Reason: Former English Major hates misspelled words :)

Comment

We spent last weekend camping at Spicer Meadow Reservior in California. It was very relaxing.

Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                              Dammit, bluestar... I've always known I wanted to see the western parts of the U.S. Pictures like that make the fact that I can't get out there really painful!
                              Awesome view!!!

One f these years...

One of the guys in the picture is from New Jersey. So it can be done from the East coast, but he took 2 weeks to do it. In 2 weeks we are getting the same 3 guys together in Kentucky-Tennessee. We traveled so well together we decided to do it again. We're coming from Texas, New Jersey and Illinois. We will spend some time on the Bourbon Highway touring the Distilleries in KY. Then hit Natural Bridges and Mammoth Cave. I'll take plenty of pictures!

Comment

Markkee, that looks like a great spot. I have CA. on my bucket list. When I was a kid we camped there a few times and I loved it. Now I want to go back as an adult and do it again. But I think I will need 3 weeks to get it done. It's a big state and there are so many great spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X