Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Well, this year, we finally got chased out of our tent and back into a small trailer due to all the storms/mosquitoes we got nailed with last year. We bought a small used trailer early may, and have camped over 1000 miles on the weekends. We are about to go on a 2000 mile adventure next week, and are getting everything setup for the trip.
    Here is where we were recently; in a 'Karst' (limestone) region trip in Michigan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	camp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	70029Click image for larger version

Name:	lake2.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	70030Click image for larger version

Name:	watcher.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	70031Click image for larger version

Name:	lake1.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	70032

Heard about the 'watcher in the woods'; found him next to our site! Creepy!

Comment

Originally posted by MichRocks View Post
      Well, this year, we finally got chased out of our tent and back into a small trailer due to all the storms/mosquitoes we got nailed with last year. We bought a small used trailer early may, and have camped over 1000 miles on the weekends. We are about to go on a 2000 mile adventure next week, and are getting everything setup for the trip.
      Here is where we were recently; in a 'Karst' (limestone) region trip in Michigan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4921[/ATTACH]

Heard about the 'watcher in the woods'; found him next to our site! Creepy!
      Looks like a nice campsite, I'm assuming you didn't bring the picnic bench and firepit with you
      A community for camping and outdoors enthusiasts: Camping Babble

Comment

Those are the only amenities that the DNR camps have- which is why we love 'em. Easier to unplug from the world; just need a couple good books to read, an acoustic guitar and some decent wine. Good times.

Comment

Here is our little oasis in the woods. We may upgrade at a later time but those Coleman tents are doing just fine. Has rained every time we set them up but not a leak to be found.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few of the food tent.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lcookie View Post
              Here are a few of the food tent.
              OK,OK, The heck with MY cooking...I want to camp with YOU!! Good looking camp; love the shot where the day's coming to a close, and you're 'kicking back at the address'.

Comment

Took another trip to Ft Pickens, five nights this time.
                We had family join us from Indiana with a slide-in camper so we didn't put up our garage (no room) or tarp (they brought a screened tent for the picnic table)

Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                Nights under the stars:
                2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

First camping trip in the travel trailer this year - Greenbrier River Campground in WV.
                  Attached Files
                  - Laura
                  Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Back from our annual summer trip to Prophetstown State Park in Lafayette, IN.

Prophetstown State Park page: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2971.htm

Hotter than Hades-90+ degrees coupled with high humidity. We didn't let it stop us or slow us down. Hiked in the morning and spent the hot part of the day lounging at the park's aquatic center/pool. It's a nice family oriented park.

Was happy to see more tents occupying sites this year. The park has only 55 electric and 55 full hookups sites in the campground divided into separated sections (all sites were sold out). 17 of the 55 in the electric sites section were tent occupied and 2 brave camping families took campsites in the full hookup section hidden away amongst the bus sized RV coaches. Our site was away from the restroom in the electric section and we had several tents occupying sites around us.

I continued this year's car camping focus of packing light and really honing our gear checklist. Better menu planning, better clothing planning. Being able to easily fit everything in the car--having everything we needed...plus a few luxury items, made for a relaxing trip.

2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! I haven't been posting much this season and was starting to think we weren't even going to get out camping this year at all... :( But we decided at the last second to pull together a quick getaway to Emerald lake State Park in Vermont this past weekend. *Happy dance* It was a new park for me and just like every other VT State park I've been to, it was wonderful! Here's a shot of our home away from home for the weekend:

There were possible thunderstorms forecast, so I decided to put the tent right in the lean to again. It ended up only sprinkling a tiny bit the morning we left, but I'd rather be high and dry just in case of a torrential downpour. I had run out and grabbed a cheapo, larger dome for us as my old 7'x7' Coleman dome was just TOOOOOO small for the four of us and didn't have time to seam seal or waterproof before we left. It seemed pretty stupid to test out the "factory waterproofing" with possible thunderstorms... and two little ones... and a hubby that isn't really a huge fan of camping to begin with... recipe for disaster. LOL!

Emerald Lake is aptly named and really a nice lake. We took a hike on one of the many trails in the park that has views of the lake from above:

Then went and jumped in that same lake when we got back from our hike to cool off and refresh. It was an awesome trip and another out-of-this-world Vermont State Park. So very glad we pulled it together and got out in the woods!
                      Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add that hubby had gotten me a long time dreamed of, big `ol cast iron Dutch Oven for Mother's Day this year and this was the first trip I got to use it over the campfire... I LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! I used it for pretty much every meal and it was awesome! Cast iron has always held a special place in my heart, especially for camping, but I hadn't made the investment into the DO yet, I sooooo loved cooking everything over the open fire and only using the old Coleman white gas stove for coffee in the early morning. I'm looking forward to many, many tasty Dutch oven meals in our camping future!
                        Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Originally posted by Shortpants View Post
                          Oh, I forgot to add that hubby had gotten me a long time dreamed of, big `ol cast iron Dutch Oven for Mother's Day this year and this was the first trip I got to use it over the campfire... I LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! I used it for pretty much every meal and it was awesome! Cast iron has always held a special place in my heart, especially for camping, but I hadn't made the investment into the DO yet, I sooooo loved cooking everything over the open fire and only using the old Coleman white gas stove for coffee in the early morning. I'm looking forward to many, many tasty Dutch oven meals in our camping future!
                          Hey shortpants and good to see ya again! :cool:

Welcome to the dark side:he:! Still don't have a true DO yet love cooking over the campfire using a CI skillet. As for how you are using your Coleman? Same thing for me yet I'm amazed at how much fuel it uses for only boiling water!?! Went through 3 small containers (couldn't find the large one) during 3 weeks' of camping. Think I need to go back over the stove again. Maybe it needs adjusting.
                          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Thanks NYCgrrl, very glad to be back on the camping scene! LOL! I've loved my CI skillets for both home and camping for many years and had longed for the DO for decades, so I was very excited to get one finally. This being a short weekend trip, I did breakfast (eggs with sausage in the DO and baked biscuits on the top of the cover) the first morning and then did dinner (campfire pizzas baked inside) that night and was SO thrilled with the results. Nuthin' tastes like camping like food cooked over the open fire!
                            Ya, you might want to check your Coleman stove because I find exactly the opposite, our fuel seems to last forever! I had grabbed a small bottle this trip (couldn't find the large ones either) to get us by, then discovered hubby hadn't emptied the tank from last year's trips so there was a little left in the tank. That lasted all weekend and I drink coffee all day every day, so we started a few times a day, plus heating water for washing dishes. Never even opened the new bottle of fuel.

I like the dark side... they have cookies... and s'mores... haha!

Comment

Shortpants - that photo of the tent inside the lean-to, with a tarp to boot! I think you got it covered :-D On the AT I really appreciated the lean-to's. After the first night I never worried about pitching a tent.
                              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Got it covered... no pun intended! LOL! Yeah, I certainly love the lean to sites. In rainy weather, put the tent right in the lean to so you stay high and dry, in nice weather, put the picnic table in there for some shade/cooler temps. It's a win either way!

I honestly don't remember the last time I camped without a lean to, I really appreciate the usefulness and versatility they afford.

Comment

Working...
                                X