Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Great photos everyone! Thank you for sharing! It's nice seeing camp photos as we progress into the generally "slower" camping season (for most of us).
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Keep them coming guys! Enjoy seeing everyone's camping setups! I hope to add some this coming spring/summer/fall!

Comment

Slightly off topic,...I saw this linked elsewhere, it made me miss the desert country. Looks like a cool trip idea for winter. Quite the history of the area as well.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/12...no-del-diablo/

Comment

I got out a couple of weeks ago and went very simple and easy. I hiked all weekend, ate well, drank well, and slept like a log. Overall: a very good outing to end camp year 2015.

Last edited by a65hoosier; 12-29-2015, 07:21 PM.
          Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
          Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
          Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

So much to do at this wonderful campground. We stayed in a rented camper (j&t camper rentals) in a premium...

Comment

I had an opportunity to get out and do some winter camping this past weekend. Daytime temps upper 20's, nighttime temps in the low teens, wind chills in the morning dipped to low single digits. Winds on Saturday during the day were steady 25+mph. Good "winter" weather.

This outing also gave me a chance to finally get out and test the Easton Outfitters Torrent 3P tent. This was one of my clearance sale purchases I made 6 months ago and it's been waiting for a weekend like I had. Campsaver listed this tent at $449 - with their clearance price and another 20% off one item, I bought it at over 50% off. It is currently sold out.

It's described as a All Season tent, but I'd call it a 3 season tent in my camping area (Fall Winter Spring) due to it's fabric inner tent. There are zippered fabric/mesh panels on each of the doors and in the 2 eyebrow fly vents - all accessible from inside the tent to provide ventilation (or the inner tent can be completely zipped up becoming all fabric) . But I think it might be a bit stuffy and warm in the summer heat.

A somewhat unique tent due to the pole structure design and pole material (neither aluminum or fiberglass-made of a wound composite). The poles weigh very little and are made in the USA by Easton. Better pics-including the pole structure and specs are linked here: http://www.campsaver.com/torrent-3p-...-4-season-tent. I was really pleased with the tent's build quality and performance.

I slept nice and toasty. No wakeups due to cold, etc which was nice. Ate decently-nothing fancy-but hot and easy. Spent most of my time hiking the woods near my tent/camp (in the pic) and reading in the tent.

Fantastic time and a nice way to get 2016 rolling. Happy camping!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
                I had an opportunity to get out and do some winter camping this past weekend.
                Nothing like getting away - especially in Winter when the campgrounds aren't crowded. Peace and quiet².

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  Nothing like getting away - especially in Winter when the campgrounds aren't crowded. Peace and quiet².
                  I didn't see a single person.

sigpic

Comment

Finally managed a car camping trip with Mrs. Hoosier this weekend to Turkey Run State Park (IN). It wasn't crowded--the campground has 213 sites--there were 3 sites occupied by campers (one in small travel trailer, one in a VW bus camper, and us in our tent).

Private. Quiet. Fantastic food cooked over the campfire...great time to get out and camp. Probably the fewest campers I've seen in a long time. Perfect!!!

Note: I have the Kelty Noah 12 Tarp tied down to provide a wind break. We had fairly steady 20 mph winds all day. They did settle down at night.

Last edited by a65hoosier; 02-28-2016, 12:00 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Spent Fathers Day weekend with my son at Chain O Lakes St Park IN. Did some fishing, canoeing, bike riding, and hiking. He did all the cooking (except for my morning coffee....I wasn't waiting til he got up). We each used a 3P tent and covered the area with a Noah Tarp 16 (for shading, no rain was forecast). Although the fish weren't biting, we both had a great time.

The park has 413 sites....33 are primitive sites. We stayed in the primitive area and we both were happy with the decision. The electric section was crowded, noisy, and chaotic...our primitive area was quiet and had larger grassier sites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chain O Lakes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	70530

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
                        Spent Fathers Day weekend with my son at Chain O Lakes St Park IN. Did some fishing, canoeing, bike riding, and hiking. He did all the cooking (except for my morning coffee....I wasn't waiting til he got up). We each used a 3P tent and covered the area with a Noah Tarp 16 (for shading, no rain was forecast). Although the fish weren't biting, we both had a great time.

The park has 413 sites....33 are primitive sites. We stayed in the primitive area and we both were happy with the decision. The electric section was crowded, noisy, and chaotic...our primitive area was quiet and had larger grassier sites.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5563[/ATTACH]
                        Glad a good time was had by all and ya dinna get a tie :he:.
                        This cracked me up in a BTDT for 2 generations anddd the disease is still spreading manner: except for my morning coffee....I wasn't waiting til he got up
                        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                          Glad a good time was had by all and ya dinna get a tie :he:.
                          This cracked me up in a BTDT for 2 generations anddd the disease is still spreading manner: except for my morning coffee....I wasn't waiting til he got up
                          lol...in this pic, he's still snoozing in the green tent. Normally, that early morning camp time is "my" quiet time as I'm always up first. This trip, I needed it more to soothe my aching muscles from the previous day's activities and prepare them for the new day's activities. Since he had me alone for the weekend, he was determined to do as much as possible with me. I was just as determined....to keep up.

Success all around. Now, I pack for another 3 night full family camp trip that kicks off tomorrow.

sigpic

Comment

a65hoosier, What a great way to spend Father's Day. We feel so lucky Chain O Lakes is so close to us. The Primitive sites are nice there, most of the time it is quiet. Biking up the hill from the primitive sites can be a challenge if you're not used to hills. I'm sure lots of great memories were made for you and your son.

Comment

Originally posted by Denni2 View Post
                              a65hoosier, What a great way to spend Father's Day. We feel so lucky Chain O Lakes is so close to us. The Primitive sites are nice there, most of the time it is quiet. Biking up the hill from the primitive sites can be a challenge if you're not used to hills. I'm sure lots of great memories were made for you and your son.
                              Thanks Denni. I appreciate the gift I was given this weekend. I also knew this area was in your camping wheelhouse. I'm off to Quabache State Park in Bluffton this week (which is close by to you also). Been a while for me since my last camp trip to Chain O Lakes as we usually head south.

lololol...yes, that hill is a killer going up....but oh so fun coming down.

sigpic

Comment

I would LOVE to spend Fathers Day camping with the family but since I am just the step father to my only daughter I take a back seat to her birth father.

He is a good dad (mostly) so I can't complain too much.
                                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                                – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
                                X