Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

I spent time in Sequoia years ago and would like to go back. Never been to Lassen. Yosemite is another of my favorite Parks. About 7 years ago we took a trip out to CA. But we flew and spent time in San Fran, Napa Valley and Yosemite. But I really want to camp out there. Time did not permit then. Now that I am starting to retire I'll have the time to do it right. You live in a very diverse state, with lots to see and do. Your very fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
      Versaille State Park in SE Indiana in 2012. This was a "ceremonial" (no rain predicted) last trip for the Eddie Bauer tent (orange fly on the left). :( Bought it in the mid-90s to "upgrade" the wife and I from a small 2 man tent. Even with the best of care, the materials (esp the fly) just deteriorated/dissolved away over time. No trust in rain means retirement. It saw my then young family through many nasty storms and holds seasons of memories for us.

The dining fly gets a "meh" from me for a variety of reasons. I haven't set it up again since this trip.

A 20+ year old tent, wow! It is almost an antique.
      A community for camping and outdoors enthusiasts: Camping Babble

Comment

RAND0M1ZER - Almost! A preference for shady sites helps. I have alot of older gear that I have and still use. As long as it works, it stays. Sorry to retire this tent. Know (now) that it is a Wenzel made tent (I think), but it always performed for us. We just wore it out. Bought this before my daughter was born in "preparation" for her arrival and future camping trips (our 2 man tent wasn't going to work). She's a senior in high school now. lol. It is/was one of our best tents.

Funny thing.....we were camping in 2010 and someone else in the campground had the EXACT same tent!!! We were amazed that in a 100 site campground, we saw someone with the same 15+ year old tent!
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	69912This a few of pilot mountain nc taken from moores knob at hanging rock state park nc

Comment

I posted this on another thread talking about my rigged extra tarp, but I took the pic to share here. I have a family reunion every year in Black Moshannon State Park, PA, and we've camped out for the last three years of it. It's been so much fun having cousins camping nearby and kids running around all over the place. What you don't see in this pic is my dd's hammock, which is hanging behind me.

Comment

Went on our annual group camping trip with gaming friends from around the USA and Canada last weekend. Had a blast and we were blessed with amazing weather all weekend. I had to laugh when I looked at pics when we got home, our tents look like a dang Ozark Trail commercial:

LOL! Long live the cheap tent! hehe!
              Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Shortpants - That is a very nice grassy site for tent set-up. I wish my home state of IN had more sites like that. So many of our sites are more like that of SBinTN's pic above. Not much grass....maybe some leafy debris...or plain ol' dirt (which changes nicely to mud when it rains).

SBinTN - Love the Jeep and I read your other post regarding the tarp hanging. It wouldn't be camping without applying some creative thought and manuevering during set-up! And don't worry...I could tell immediately that you were getting rain (despite the sun in the pic) because everything is under cover/shelter. Been there.....lol. Glad you had great time!
                Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
                  Shortpants - That is a very nice grassy site for tent set-up. I wish my home state of IN had more sites like that. So many of our sites are more like that of SBinTN's pic above. Not much grass....maybe some leafy debris...or plain ol' dirt (which changes nicely to mud when it rains).
                  Well, to be perfectly honest, we camped on the lawn of a friend this last trip, so yeah, it was a nice grassy site! LOL! We had bocce, volleyball/badminton net, dartboard, pool, hot tub, and a 16 person water balloon battle, all on site. Oh yeah, huge firepit, two BBQ's and a pile of wood and brush for us to burn that was taller than me! Awesome weekend!

That said, we are very lucky to have a good mix of sites at most of our VT State Parks. If you like open and grassy, check:

Or do you prefer waterfront? Check:

Is woods and privacy more your thing? Check:

Maybe you prefer the top of a mountain with stunning views. Check:

I Love Vermont!
                  Last edited by Shortpants; 08-13-2014, 08:35 AM.
                  Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Originally posted by shortpants View Post

maybe you prefer the top of a mountain with stunning views. Check:

i love vermont!

omg
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

Shortpants - I will second James "omg". Those would be difficult spots to leave on "take down" day....great campsites there in Vermont. I really loved the site with the view of the mountain in the background (no mountains here in IN-lol). Ahhhh...give me a chair and a cold beverage with that view and I'd be happy as a clam.

sigpic

Comment

Yup, Calvin Coolidge State Park, one of my favorites. On the side of a mountain with incredible views in every direction... and come foliage season? Oh my, simply breathtaking!

That is the fall view from one of the prime leantos at the park.

I also love this park as it was started back in 1930, and many of the original leantos and stone fireplaces are still there! This is one of the amazing stone fireplaces there, this sucker must be 10 feet long!

And as you wander around the park, you find pieces of the past like this:

One of the original stone fireplaces with intact chimney from a old CCC building that is no longer.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                          omg
                          That's Button Bay in the top pic, great choice James! It sits right on the southern end of Lake Champlain, that's the water you see in the background, and that's New York way off in the distance. Here's another view of the scenic lake:

It is just a gorgeous lake with amazing 360 degree views.

And of course the second pic is Coolidge Park, I've already professed my undying love for this park... LOL!

Now you can see why we are called The Green Mountain State!

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	69915Click image for larger version

Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	69916Click image for larger version

Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	69917Click image for larger version

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	69918Click image for larger version

Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	69919My family just got back from a 6 day camping trip at Whitewater State Park in MN. Awesome park! Absolutely no bugs and no cell service. Great hiking and tremendous scenery. The weather was perfect. 85 degrees or so during the day and 65 or so at night with no humidity. It rained for about 4 hours and that was it.

Edit. By MN standards the hiking was great. My six year old son and I hiked about 4-5 miles per day. Most of the hiking was moderate. Steep and worth it when it came to the views. My wife couldn't hike as she had a bum knee and my other son has CP and hiking on the moderate trails was not an option for him.
                            Last edited by gmann; 08-13-2014, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Gorgeous! I would love to go camping up there, but I have a 10 hour driving limit and that only gets me as far as central PA (if I head north). I don't even want to think about how long it would take to get to VT from east TN.

Most of the camping I've done around here (which is limited at this point) has been at established campgrounds with gravel pads, like the pic I posted earlier. The one time we camped in a spot that had nice grassy areas, we weren't allowed to pitch tents in the grass. We had to stay on the gravel tent pads. Of course we were in a group site, and with the number of tents/families we had camping, one other family and I ended up in a nice shady spot in the woods nearby.

Comment

Attached are some more pics.

To date we have spent about 25 nights in the tent and we have at least three more trips lined up before e end of October.

Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	69920Click image for larger version

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	69921Click image for larger version

Size:	100.6 KB