Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Originally posted by hwc1954 View Post
    Awesome picture, Macgiver! That really captures the essence of camping. The wind chimes are a nice touch!
    +1 Nice!!!
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

That really captures the essence of camping.
      Except maybe for the 100 watt speaker system.
      The wind chimes are a nice touch!
      Not that I ever heard them over the aforementioned 100 watt speaker system.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
        From my last trip, a few weeks back, took a selfie while waiting for the rest of the idiots to show up.

Nice pic!

I will try and post some pics. It was a great camping season. In all we spent 37 days in the tent. I have a one more trip lined up before the year ends.

FWIW, we received 14 inches of snow on Monday and the high temps won't be much more than 20 or so. My next trip is scheduled for the first weekend in December.

Comment

Stephen C Foster State Park / Okefenokee Swamp

Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
          Nights under the stars:
          2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
          2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
            Stephen C Foster State Park / Okefenokee Swamp

Nice gear you have there. REI Kindome 6?

Comment

Originally posted by gr8brew View Post
              Nice gear you have there. REI Kindome 6?
              Yep! Love that thing!!
              Nights under the stars:

Comment

Hey sunny - how'd the Noah work out for you? Looks great set up between the two tents. Later on this summer, it'll be a nice place to get some shade, and if the sun doesn't cooperate, some rain protection.
                Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

It worked great! We struggled a little with the setup but got it eventually. We will be at Ft Pickens later this summer and will need it for shade.
                  Nights under the stars:

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
                    It worked great! We struggled a little with the setup but got it eventually. We will be at Ft Pickens later this summer and will need it for shade.
                    Excellent! It WILL be easier the second time around...you'll get a better handle/estimate on where to stake and set your pole guy lines before the "lift".

sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to finally figure out night-time photography. Here's a shot of my camp site Saturday night.

Comment

Great picture!

Managed to find some pics of campsites and loaded them in the album,

Last edited by Malamute; 05-11-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Here's a couple taken at South Bass Island State Park, OH on our camping trip there in September 2013. First photo is of my wife working hard in camp, the other shows the great view we had of Lake Erie from camp.
                          Attached Files
                          Where we've camped so far (as an adult...many more when I was a kid :-)

Comment

Nice!

I like being by water that vast.

Comment

Vagabondexpedition - night photography is fun once you start getting the hang of settings. Here are some settings that I keep on hand:

Moon Shots:
                              with 200 - 400mm lens: ISO100, M, f11, 1/125
                              with over 400mm lens: ISO100, Av, f11

Stars:
                              No Streaks: ISO800, Tv, rule of 600 (600/focal length=shutter speed)*

Streaks: ISO800, M, bulb mode (longer than rule of 600), f5.6 or down for foreground, up (f8, etc.) for stars only

*if focal length is 50mm, then 600/50=12; shutter speed 12 min

I used ISO800, M, F5.6, 60 seconds for this photo (focal length 12mm).
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Swannie_zpsmkwzduki.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	70013
                              “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

sweet thread and makes me wana get out ther more.

Comment

Working...
                                X