Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Got out a month ago for a quick couple of nights with just the wife to nearby Mounds State Park, Anderson, IN. Small state park (252 acres), small campground (75 sites). Well kept, 8 miles of trails, and an abundance of nice grassy sites for tents. Kept this car camp trip simple and minimalistic--cooked everything over the fire and boiled water with the backpacker stove. No dishes to wash.

2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I grew up less than 10 minutes from Mounds and we had a membership every year. It'll always be near and dear to my heart.
      Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
      Nights under the stars:
      2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
      2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Looks like a great spot a65.....Nice to see you got out & I hope you had a great time !!
        2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

F. D. Roosevelt State Park near Pine Mountain, GA

Nights under the stars:

Comment

Nice setup (looks like it's a lil different from the last time) and beautiful setting!
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by a65hoosier View Post
              Got out a month ago for a quick couple of nights with just the wife to nearby Mounds State Park, Anderson, IN. Small state park (252 acres), small campground (75 sites). Well kept, 8 miles of trails, and an abundance of nice grassy sites for tents. Kept this car camp trip simple and minimalistic--cooked everything over the fire and boiled water with the backpacker stove. No dishes to wash.

Looking serene there and no dish washing is all good.
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
                Nice setup (looks like it's a lil different from the last time) and beautiful setting!
                Yep, always a little different. We discovered quickly that a 15ft site was too small, so we moved to a 25ft site on the water
                Nights under the stars:

Comment

sunnymw - Nice! Love the water front camp site location. Did the Noah go up easier? It looks great.

NYCgrrl - Both of those were on the wishlist for this camping trip.
                  Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                  Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                  Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Hoosier--it did. We're getting better at it. Realizing we need two stake out points per pole used. That's where we messed up last time, trying to integrate one corner into a tent canopy pole and then everything went downhill after heavy rain :p
                    Nights under the stars:

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymw View Post
                      Hoosier--it did. We're getting better at it. Realizing we need two stake out points per pole used. That's where we messed up last time, trying to integrate one corner into a tent canopy pole and then everything went downhill after heavy rain :p
                      That is a more secure set-up. hehe...yea, you prob don't want to inter connect supports like that. I've had my share of "huh, that probably wasn't such a good idea" moments. lol. Every camp trip I take, no matter how long I've camped, I still have a few "adjustments" I jot down afterward to do (or not do) the next trip.

I always use two guyouts on poles (sometimes three on each main pole if it's windy-the third line I carabiner clip onto the Noah's loop strap). It's a last defense to keep ahold of the tarp should a pole break/slip and I'm not around. It also helps when taking it down if it's a windy day-I unclip those connections last, right before folding it up.

We sometimes string a paracord from one main pole to the other under the tarp and use it to clip our battery lanterns over the picnic table area for game time, s'more prep, etc.

Over time, I think the Noah will become one of your favorite pieces of gear. Have fun modifying your set-up for different situations.
                      Last edited by a65hoosier; 05-22-2015, 05:41 AM.

sigpic

Comment

@ sunnymw

Nice set-up & what a beautiful location right at the waters edge !!
                        2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

As Patrol Mentor for my son's Boy Scout patrol, I get more chances to get out camping. This was the Spring Camporee held at Camp Ransburg, near Bloomington IN. On the shores of Lake Monroe. Pic of my solo sleeping quarters for the weekend-Marmot's Tungsten 3P-and a one of Lake Monroe's shoreline which was a short distance away. Did quite a bit of solo hiking this trip.

sigpic

Comment

Camping in Kentucky
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150527_162422065.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	70016
                            - Laura
                            Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
                              Camping in Kentucky
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4877[/ATTACH]
                              Nice campsite and pic actad. The large tree front and center is good size...hopefully the X painted on it doesn't foretell a felling future.

Questions:
                              Where at in KY were you?
                              Is the area behind you a stream/creek? It's a great private view from the site.
                              What's the neat retro looking green plaid cylinder thingee on the table? Cooler? Drink jug? Gigantic ice bucket?

sigpic

Comment

Most of the trees have an X, must mean something to the campground. I am in eastern Kentucky just off the Country Music Highway. The creek runs through the campgrounds and there is the ruins of an old mill on the site.

The cooler was salvaged last summer from my parents attic. It is a Tam O'Shanter. I like bringing a bit of camping tradition with me.
                                - Laura
                                Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
                                X