Tent Fans & Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Fans & Lights

We want a tent fan and and a really good light. I saw the Coleman 212 light that has a power pack at the bottom, and the lights split in two, cost was52.73 and the four split type was 58. Has anyone bought these. The coleman fan looks like it is not very goof by reviews.

Any ideas would help, and thanks:o

Re: Tent Fans & Lights

Ditto on the 10" (12Volt) O2Cool fan. Been using one for a couple years now. Includes a wall adapter if your campsite has AC power.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

how long do the batteries last and what size are they?
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Eight "D" cells, they will last a weekend, but carry a spare set JIC. There are also 6V (four D-cells) and 3V (two D-cell) fans available, but the wall adapter must be ordered separately.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

here is a fantastic light! The Coleman MAX Led DUO Lantern. As the package says it's "2 Lights in 1" ULTRA BRIGHT 200 lumens. There are two removable panels that both attach to the power stand. each of the two panels have three rechargeable AA batteries. On each panel there are 6 led lights. The power stand has four D batteries, that when the panels are attached recharge the batteries in the panels. When both panels ate attached 12 led lights have great light. The Lantern is also CPX6 compatable. The CPX6 power pack cost $ 25. at Walley World. It only takes 12 D high power batteries to pay for the CPX6 power pack. The power pack can be recharged by regular house plug or the 12 vold of your vehicle. The lantern will last up to 56 hours and each panel will last up to 2.5 hours when off the power stand.

The light is a spread out to 32 ft when used as a lantern or 26.2 when used as a single panel from the lantern base. We have used it when doing some repair outside, and the light was very good. The light is not like a flashlight bean, or not as bright as a gas lantern. For using in the tent or other enclosed area where you don't want a gas lantern, and safety is you greatest concern this light is great.

We saw Wally World had these on sale for $ 30. each two weeks ago. Bass Pro has them for $ 64. so it was so good a buy we got two of them.

As for the fan, I do not want a foam filled fan, so I am looking for a great fan too.

Comment

Just wanted to share what we did while tent camping one hot summer night .
            Me and my son awoke one hot muggy night as we were roasting as there was no wind , we decided to run to Walmart and purchased a regular size 110 volt box fan for around 14 dollars.
            We returned to campsite and I drive a diesel truck that has 2 batteries so I removed one and placed it behind tent. In my tool box I had a cigarette style adapter with alligator clips which I connected to battery then connected my power inverter to that and pluged in my box fan and it was awsome. The box fan ran all night with no problem on medium speed. During the day I put battery back in truck to recharge from time to time.
            Just an idea for someone if you get one of those very hoy windless nights.

Comment

I recommend the O2 cool fans. And, a bit of advice for those who use them. Instead of constantly shelling out money for expensive D cell batteries, just get a jump starter power pack (one that has 12V receptacle). After all, 8 D cell batteries is 12 volts. Then just make a 12V adapter from parts readily available at Radio Shack. The fan will last for many nights running off one of these, plus, the jumper pack can be plugged in and charging while you are driving your vehicle. And, if you need it, you can charge cell phones and other electronics with them, or, even jump your vehicle if needed. I do recommend investing in a good one if you go this route. I have a Black and Decker unit that has given me almost 8 years use so far.

Comment

Eight years off one of those things is incredible! I didn't get two full years off my Wagan 400 and was lucky the manufacturer replaced it free. Now we run an Optima Group 24 Blue Top and should have bought it from Day 1 for use as a portable power supply at the campsite. Eight years, just cannot believe it! That B&D must be like the giant 28 AH Duracell model another poster mentioned using.
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

tplife, it's actually one of their smaller ones, which is just a rebranded Vector unit. I've had two other types along side it, one from Harbor Freight, which didn't last at all, and a cheap very small, cheap Rally pack that has been excellent for small chores (phones, small RC batteries, mowers). Here is a stock photo of the B&D unit I have, which I actually used a couple of years ago to get a 4 cylinder vehicle 18 miles to town with a bad alternator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BandD Jumper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	69703

It's a no frills unit, with just a 12 volt socket, and a small led light. I believe it's only rated for 300 amps as well.

Comment

I use the Coleman Zephyr light and fan combo. It lasts a few nights (about 21 hours) on D batteries, or about 6 hours on the rechargeable CPX battery pack. I just use the lower light setting on occasion, and mostly use it for the fan. The only odd thing is that the attached stand makes it aim up instead of out, so I have to prop it on a book.
                    - Laura
                    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Marwil1006 View Post
                      Just wanted to share what we did while tent camping one hot summer night .
                      Me and my son awoke one hot muggy night as we were roasting as there was no wind , we decided to run to Walmart and purchased a regular size 110 volt box fan for around 14 dollars.
                      We returned to campsite and I drive a diesel truck that has 2 batteries so I removed one and placed it behind tent. In my tool box I had a cigarette style adapter with alligator clips which I connected to battery then connected my power inverter to that and pluged in my box fan and it was awsome. The box fan ran all night with no problem on medium speed. During the day I put battery back in truck to recharge from time to time.
                      Just an idea for someone if you get one of those very hoy windless nights.
                      I will give you an "A" for your MacGuyver ingenuity. I do have to chuckle, however, at campers getting out of their tents and into their truck to go to Walmart in the middle of the night to buy an electric fan. What would Daniel Boone think of that solution, one might wonder.

Comment

It ain't like the good old days when campers would toss a couple or three live bats in the tent to fly around and cool their fellow campers as they slept.

Comment

Originally posted by farout View Post
                          here is a fantastic light! The Coleman MAX Led DUO Lantern. As the package says it's "2 Lights in 1" ULTRA BRIGHT 200 lumens. There are two removable panels that both attach to the power stand. each of the two panels have three rechargeable AA batteries. On each panel there are 6 led lights. The power stand has four D batteries, that when the panels are attached recharge the batteries in the panels. When both panels ate attached 12 led lights have great light. The Lantern is also CPX6 compatable. The CPX6 power pack cost $ 25. at Walley World. It only takes 12 D high power batteries to pay for the CPX6 power pack. The power pack can be recharged by regular house plug or the 12 vold of your vehicle. The lantern will last up to 56 hours and each panel will last up to 2.5 hours when off the power stand.

The light is a spread out to 32 ft when used as a lantern or 26.2 when used as a single panel from the lantern base. We have used it when doing some repair outside, and the light was very good. The light is not like a flashlight bean, or not as bright as a gas lantern. For using in the tent or other enclosed area where you don't want a gas lantern, and safety is you greatest concern this light is great.

We saw Wally World had
                          flashlights on sale for $ 30. each two weeks ago. Bass Pro has them for $ 64. so it was so good a buy we got two of them.

As for the fan, I do not want a foam filled fan, so I am looking for a great fan too.
                          Thats awesome information. I am man who loves camping so lights and fan is always my part of concern. Prices as mentioned is not too expensive so the fan and lights could be useful and affordable. Thanks
                          Last edited by DustinCaldwell; 05-15-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I just read a how-to on building a swamp cooler. It's looks so easy (and cheap) I may try it this week: http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=33842

Comment

I stopped carrying propane years ago in favor of 12 volt batteries and 12 volt lights. It was deep cycle batteries and halogen lights at first, now it's sealed lead acid batteries and MR16 and MR11 LED lights. Two 3-watt LED lights throw enough light for a small group site and, hung overhead, aren't blinding like gas lanterns.

Comment

Working...
                              X