Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY sprayer/camp shower (pic heavy)

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
    I managed to "acquire" a brand new concrete form sprayer this winter. Plan on making it into a shower as well. I figure I can heat it over a fire or my camp chef stove. Should be the end all for shower sprayers.
    http://www.amazon.com/Chapin-Industr...ncrete+sprayer
    This one looks like it's made well and it's in my price range!
    Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
    sigpic

Comment

I always camp where can have a fire and take a large pot. It's one of those big ceramic coated pots for canning, I think it holds about 4 gallons. It's always by the fire and full of hot water. The solar showers are ineffective especially if it's chilly but can simply fill the bag with hot water from the pot hang it on a tree and it's good to go.

Comment

For relative simplicity, I'm starting to kick around the idea of a shower based on a Shur-flo marine pump that I have laying around, a hand held shower wand and a large stockpot of water. If I'm figuring it right, it should work the same as the shower on my friend's Coleman popup, minus the temperature control. The stockpot is large enough to hold most if not all of my kitchen/cooking gear, so bulk shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Mac, be sure to post some photos of your project.
          sigpic

Comment

I made a shower stall with pvc pipe. I couldn't find the mock up pic I did in the store but here is a pic of the finished product. I cut pvc into 3 foot sections so it's 6 feet tall. Has a middle section for support and so I can tear it down to something manageable for storage. Just hung a heavy duty tarp around with shower hooks.

I bought a Zodi battery powered pump for about $35. Filled a 5 gallon bucket with water heated on the stove. Also painted the bucket black and left it in the sun. This helped a lot. Cleaned 2-3 people per bucket. We were happy with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike's phone 242.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	70402

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
              I managed to "acquire" a brand new concrete form sprayer this winter. Plan on making it into a shower as well. I figure I can heat it over a fire or my camp chef stove. Should be the end all for shower sprayers.
              http://www.amazon.com/Chapin-Industr...ncrete+sprayer
              "Acquire" - does that mean the original owner left it unattended ?
              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Acquire means that I traded some scrap copper wire to the concrete foreman for an unused sprayer.
                Nights camped in 2019: 24
                Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Nice shower stall. I think I will make one. I bought a lightweight portable shower that always blew over in the slightest breeze.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was a simple build and I tied a couple guy lines on opposite corners. Had a crazy wind storm the first night and it held its ground.

Comment

Originally posted by in-tents View Post
                      It was a simple build and I tied a couple guy lines on opposite corners. Had a crazy wind storm the first night and it held its ground.
                      PVC piping is amazing. Everyone needs some duct tape and pvc piping on camping trips.
                      sigpic

Comment

Found the mock up I did in the store. The only difference in the finished product is I put a piece in the middle on 3 sides. This gives a place to hang a mesh bag with soap & shampoo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	70413

Sorry about the sideways pic.
                        Last edited by in-tents; 03-13-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X