Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coffee Maker

Originally posted by dukesangel View Post
    We have a 12cup coffee pot. It's like a percolator without the percolater parts. I just fill it up, put it on the camp stove, get the water to almost boiling, throw in my coffee, turn the heat to halfway, stir, give it five minutes of simmering, turn off the heat, couple drops of cold water to down the coffee grinds, stir, and drink. It works perfectly and there are no extra parts to fiddle with.

MMMM camp coffee

That's a good description of "Cowboy Coffee". :-)
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
      That's a good description of "Cowboy Coffee". :-)
      I never knew it had a name! I always called it my ghetto camp coffee, but somehow Cowboy Coffee sounds more elegant :D

Comment

My wife found this one for me several years ago. I drink a LOT of coffee and this thing makes a really good brew imo.

Comment

<got rid of the spam reply, and banned user> Thanks for the heads up @SmokeEater2
          JohnJohn
          ---------
          Forum Admin

Comment

I would do this for tent camping

http://www.rei.com/product/820424/re...press-32-fl-oz
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

I like this single cup coffee maker made by Finnum. REI sells the same item and markets it under the MSR name for about twice the price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pixel.gif
Views:	4
Size:	43 Bytes
ID:	69966Click image for larger version

Name:	finumteainfuser.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	69967
              Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
              sigpic

Comment

I was playing around at Cabelas looking for hiking snow boots, and remembered this post. There is this coffee pot I almost bought my self that runs entirely off of propane! http://goo.gl/XUaIGT
                Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearspoke View Post
                  I was playing around at Cabelas looking for hiking snow boots, and remembered this post. There is this coffee pot I almost bought my self that runs entirely off of propane! http://goo.gl/XUaIGT
                  Nice, but on the pricey side.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn View Post
                    French press coffee is my favorite method for brewing. You cannot go wrong with the REI French press. It will make a nice French press too as it's unbreakable.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Re: Coffee Maker

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                      That's a shame. If she's anything the coffee fanatic I am, she'd come to love a press. I'm with Gdawgs - after a bit of trial and error and finding the right timing for the grind I use, nothing else has come close.
                      I got hooked on the taste of French press coffee years ago because of the full bodied taste. As long as you have the coffee ground just right, the taste is fantastic. I drank a 16 oz cup of Tanzania this morning. I savored the cup for an hour and was almost said that I finished.
                      sigpic

Comment

This thread kind of makes me wish I liked coffee.
                        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                        – E. B. White

Comment

We used these the past weekend. Taster's Choice 100% Colombian Instant Coffee Single Serve Packets, 20ct. Only $3.38. http://www.walmart.com/ip/16777250?w...184712&veh=sem

We normally perk, but it was easier in the cold to just boil plenty of water so the adults could have coffee and the kids could have hot chocolate at the same time. We actually thought the Taster Choice individual serve packets tasted decent. Super easy.
                          2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                          Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                          Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                          Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I don't actually drink coffee, my fiance does. When I was looking for a Coffee maker for her I considered the Coleman propane operated coffee pot or there was one that brewed over a fire or camp stove, I decided to go with the coleman coffee maker that operated over heat/ fire.. it was quite a bit cheaper as well( added bonus) She loves it. The only thing is.. you need to have the coffee pot on a level surface, otherwise it will take forever and not brew properly. Like I mentioned, Im not a coffee drinker but I love the smell of fresh brewing coffee while a campfire is going. Hope this helps

Comment

I am soooo bad..... I have been using Taster's Choice single serve decaf instant coffee...... and I like it! :-)
                              Quick, easy, and don't taste half bad. Sometimes I go a couple weeks with no kind of coffee at all. Kicked the monkey off my back, stomped him into a ditch and am feeling better for it.
                              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog57 View Post
                                taster's choice single serve decaf instant coffee
                                Blasphemy!

Comment

Working...
                                X