Coffee Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coffee Maker

I typically camp at Texas State Parks with 30 amp electric at the sites. For this reason we typically bring a cheap, plastic $15 electric kettle bought from Wal-Mart and it has worked very well every time for tea, instant coffee, hot chocolate, or instant noodles.

Comment

Not much mentioned about dripolators. This one has been with me a long time. Been on a fire a few times but I prefer to use on the stove. Quick and easy. That's always a good thing in the morning.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Coydog View Post
        Not much mentioned about dripolators. This one has been with me a long time. Been on a fire a few times but I prefer to use on the stove. Quick and easy. That's always a good thing in the morning.
        When I actually drink coffee the dripolater/espresso pots are my fav brews. Unfortunately, my primary prob is starting the heat source and sheer morning laziness. This is when the instant coffee is looking mighty fine:D.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          This is when the instant coffee is looking mighty fine:D.
          Um, no. My dear, we shall HAVE to reform you.
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Instant coffee, decaf coffee and light beer should all be outlawed.

Comment

Don't touch my decaf. Doctor's orders. Even Instant is okay if all you need is something hot that tastes "coffeeish". I'd sooner ban that frappucino nonsense. Coffee is coffee, but that stuff is what a couple precocious kids concoct in the kitchen when Mommy isn't watching them close enough.......
              I so seldom drink any coffee any more, and have zero 'coffee craving', that when I do drink it, I consider it a treat. It need not be anything fancy.
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                Don't touch my decaf. Doctor's orders. Even Instant is okay if all you need is something hot that tastes "coffeeish". I'd sooner ban that frappucino nonsense. Coffee is coffee, but that stuff is what a couple precocious kids concoct in the kitchen when Mommy isn't watching them close enough.......
                I so seldom drink any coffee any more, and have zero 'coffee craving', that when I do drink it, I consider it a treat. It need not be anything fancy.
                I like coffee but now prefer hot tea. If drinking coffee I would always prefer fresh brewed from fresh ground quality beans but yeah, usually I am fine with "something hot that tastes coffeeish".

Comment

Excellent-tasting decaf is EXTREMELY expensive, as all the cost goes into the removal of the caffeine, so the actual coffee bean used is very low-tier. The Nespresso decaf is about the best I've had, and as a lifelong-decaf drinker, I've had a lot of BAD decaf coffee!
                  That offerred, the Nespresso decaf is a proprietary capsule that makes a hearty 1.5-shot espresso, and not the weak diluted beverages we are so accustomed to as Americans. I open them up and use them inside my Cuisinart EM 100 to make a killer latte, go figure.
                  “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                  ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog57 View Post
                    coffee is coffee
                    Blasphemy!

Comment

I am no "Coffee snob". Once a friend and I tried a cup at a Starbucks. I could not fathom why people were paying four bucks a cup for not particularly good coffee. Maybe ten years drinking stiff rebrewed Mark 1 Mod 0 US Navy coffee ruined me. My shipmates swore my coffee could dissolve Styrofoam cups, and one guy used it to clean encrusted gunk off an old rubber-topped office desk. But EVERYONE, officers included, came by to drink it. ;-)
                      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                        Um, no. My dear, we shall HAVE to reform you.
                        Too late.
                        I'm already a dyed, fried, and laid to the side, tea imbiber from a long line of same.
                        Sometimes I even extend my lil pinkie finger:he:.

Only started drinking coffee at business meetings cuz the tea ritual took too long. Coffee is an easy to give up thingie for me:glasses:.
                        2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Just a head's up for those who have given in to ease for the morning's start.

Starbuck's internet site is having a 25% off sale on their instant coffee (and other products) through 03/21:

http://store.starbucks.com/coffee/st...nstant-coffee/

Ordered a 3 week supply of 2 decafs daily for the man (50 count), and a 8 pack of hot chocolate for the 3 kiddos since they are even more morose waking up than I am and can rarely think past yogurt, fresh fruit, and dry cereal to start the day before their camping buddies show up.
                          I'm going for the wah of tea leaves this year's trip.
                          2017:

Comment

A mocha pot is great for real espresso, or just a simple plastic drip setup for simplicity and quickness.
                            "It's not adventure if you have to pay for it"

Comment

Well... I LOVE a good cup of coffee so I guess this is a good place for my first post .
                              I have been doing a lot of research to decide what to bring for our coffee needs and I am going to purchase an AeroPress. It gets fantastic reviews and I watched quite a few videos .. it doesn't require a lot of fuss or too much cleaning. It seems like it will fit our needs well. I'll make sure to report back once we actually use it!

Comment

Working...
                              X