DIY trangia windscreen / potstand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY trangia windscreen / potstand

I want to make a simple aluminum tube type windscreen / pot stand... looking for something that is the right size ring to JB weld or rivet part way up the tube so my Trangia burner can be up from the ground (where it is cold sometimes, and apt to catch fire others). I have been wandering the isles to no avail aside from curious glances from the clerks while I measure cans... I would like to find something aluminum so as it won't rust or release a toxic cloud when it gets hot. I have played with tent stakes and the like, looking to get one piece wonder for simplicity sake.

Might be I just have to suck it up and refine my metal working skills and get to cutting...

Any ideas?

Re: DIY trangia windscreen / potstand

homedepot or hardware store. look in HVAC section.

Comment

See if this helps.

http://www.backpacking.net/makegear/...gia/index.html
      You can make the windscreen from aluminum flashing from the hardware store.
      Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Wind screen and outer pot rest is stove pipe. Stove holder is a tin can. Inner pot support and cross pieces are flashing. Assembled with pop rivets. Fits in the pot.Click image for larger version

Name:	045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	69778

Comment

Shadow beat me to it. My first thought was aluminum flashing. For a project this size you won't need much so, if you want to go on the serious cheap, find a construction site where they're working on a roof and see if you can grab some scraps.

Comment

its not DIY, but what I used was a small folding stove that comes with some fuel tablets.
            I found that not only does the alcohol stove fit perfectly inside (when opened), but if you cut a small piece of tin to fit in the back opening (and small enough to lay in base when closed) it works as a windscreen and pot stand both.

Here is a pic of stove I am referring to:

Comment

o make a simple aluminum tube type windscreen / pot stand... looking for something that is the right size ring to JB weld or rivet part way up the tube so my Trangia burner can be up from the ground (where it is cold sometimes, and apt to catch fire others). I have been wandering the isles to no avail aside from curious glances from the clerks while I measure cans... I would like to find

_______
              We are the ExamCollection 117-101 certkiller toefl and IFPUG pass guarantee. Download University of Pennsylvania gmat and examsheets Cecil College real exam of Saint Vincent College
              Last edited by aliraza8; 11-14-2014, 10:01 PM.
              We are the ExamCollection 117-101 certkiller toefl and IFPUG pass guarantee. Download University of Pennsylvania gmat and examsheets Cecil College real exam of Saint Vincent College

Comment

Originally posted by aliraza8 View Post
                o make a simple aluminum tube type windscreen / pot stand... looking for something that is the right size ring to JB weld or rivet part way up the tube so my Trangia burner can be up from the ground (where it is cold sometimes, and apt to catch fire others). I have been wandering the isles to no avail aside from curious glances from the clerks while I measure cans... I would like to find

_______
                aliraza8
                If u have a tube that your stove will fit in, you could just install a ring of pop rivets to rest the stove on.

Comment

If u have a tube the stove fits inside, you can install pop rivets around at,height u want to rest the stove on

Comment

Working...
                  X