Heavy duty tent stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy duty tent stakes

I have been looking for some heavy duty tent stakes for my Kodiak canvas tent, and I found a few that look good:

Monk Industries is the leading manufacturer of metal tent stakes for the US military. They started selling to the public in 2009. Their stakes are Made in the USA with 100% American steel (not lower-quality foreign steel). They come in multiple colors in 12", 18" and 24" with a forged rope hook for guylines and a machined point end for easy staking. Available on Amazon.

Snow Peak Solid Stakes are made in Japan (not China) from forged steel and have a round hole for easy removal from the ground. They come in 12", 15.75", and 19.75" and are available at Cabelas. They are expensive however.

Both of these are more costly than rebar, but have the advantage of being designed specifically for tent camping. Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12_Inch_Orange_Tent_Stake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	72441 Click image for larger version

Name:	stake 2.jpg
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	72440
    Last edited by gear_junkie; 06-30-2011, 10:04 PM.

Re: Heavy duty tent stakes

If you really dont want your tent to move check out hogan stakes. We use them to secure bounce houses or what some call jumping castles. 3/8 by 12" and I dont think your tent is going anywhere.

http://www.hogantentstakes.com/catalog/11

Comment

Thanks for the info. The stakes look really well-made. Here's a pic for everyone:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A1HoganEyebrowC_bev.jpg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	69344

Comment

have fun pulling those out.
        Last edited by Johnny Test; 07-07-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Test View Post
          have fun pulling those out.
          Thanks, I will.

Comment

gear_junkie,

Thanks for posting about our stakes. I am the owner of Monk Industries. I am new to the forum and our company is going to be a forum sponser soon. All of our stakes are made from 5/8" diameter steel. We don't use any import steel only steel from American steel mills. All of our stakes are made in our facility in East TN.

Hogan makes a fine stake also, but I don't think they offer the baked on enamel finishes that we offer. We dip our stakes in a Sherwin Williams industrial baking enamel then bake them at 300 degrees. This makes a super tough baked on enamel finish. Safety Orange is our best seller. Also, another thing that we do, that I don't think Hogan offers, is our 12" stakes are Heat Treated (Hardened) super hard. This makes them perfect for driving into rocky soil or frozen ground. Some of our rental company customers even drive them through pavement to setup tents in parking lots. This our 12" stake only, but this stake is indestructable. You cannot bend or break it.

We are mailing out a promotion for new commercial customers now....10% off their first order. To show some good will to the forum members. I will extend this same deal to any forum member on their first order. Just enter coupon code 55641 on our website when you place your order. www.monkindustries.com

Again, thanks for mentioning our stakes. I am always available to answer questions. I look forward to working with the forum members.

Kermit Monk
            President
            Monk Industries, Inc.
            www.monkindustries.com

Comment

Working...
            X