Scenic Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scenic Photos

immortal_ben No such thing as outshining! There is no competition in photos... just the fact that we try to catch the moment (which no one ever does truly! Even when they call themselves Pros...) and be left with the mental memories giving us a better ability to go back... while not there for the time being!
    Let us know if ever near by Big Bend... plenty of room, plenty of everything! 2 million acres... isolation...
    Be well... Ara and Spirit

Comment

Will do, and thanks! I likes me some isolation.
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

A most beautiful and foggy morning. Grand Canyon, South Rim, Kaibab Trail, December 13, 2011

My little partner knows how to dress for varying conditions. Same day as the above photo.

We got to watch the fog roll west as we descended, but it came up to cover our ascent.

This was my first ever trip to the canyon. I found it to be surreal and nothing like I ever imagined. Exceptionally beautiful to behold.
        Last edited by immortal_ben; 12-23-2011, 12:33 AM.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Looks like you have a working dog there immortal_ben!

All the pictures in this thread are tremendous and all are inspiration to get out there and see it all!
          Please, somebody, anybody, help my Chicago Bears.

Comment

Dexter is indeed my service dog. Don't know what I would do without him, really.

I really enjoy seeing pictures from places I have not yet been to. So much to see out there, but never enough time to do it all. I hope to get into alpine mountaineering soon and I expect it to afford the most incredible vistas of my life.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Beautiful!!! Love your Buddy... Spirit is also a "Service" Dog...
              LOve that middle Photo...
              Merry Christmas to you all... it is a cold one here tonight by the border near Big Bend!!! (???!!!)
              Ara and Spirit

Comment

These are great photos immortal_ben. I have never been to this place although I hope to go one day. I tend to spend my outdoor days on the Eastern side of the US and with current family obligations, mostly in the Southern states. Seeing your photos reminds me that I need to get my family back outdoors again soon for some fresh air.
                "I don't like to trespass but sometimes you just find yourself over the line" - Bob Dylan
                Car Camping - Your Escape Shuttle to a Cutting Edge Vacation

Comment

Not from camping, but a nice shot from my deck... A waxing crescent moon in December.

Comment

Very nice! Ara and Spirit

Comment

I really like photos like that. Imagine having that covering an entire wall in your house. Would be awesome.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Was this the thread why"we" love camping?...
                        I knew from morning that Big Bend Park (Texas) was going to be the stage for some incredible sky scenes... "Sotol Look Out" in particular...
                        I did not pile the rocks... they were there and wish I could "Thank" the one that did so with so much patience and Soul.
                        No Photoshop, no HDR, (cannot stand neither...!!! This is real... Such users need to stop calling their photos "photo" and start instead calling them "digital manipulation"). The light was just right, not one second earlier or later...

Be well... Ara and Spirit

Comment

No this thread isn't just for " why we love camping..." It's for general scenic photos period. It's okay to included images of your campsite and nature but I was thinking sometime you're out and nature just looks awesome why not share it with others. It doesn't matter to me if your image is straight out of the camera, Photoshopped, toned, b/w, color, solarized, tonemapped and high dynamic range(HDR) applied. If it's a scenic image it's acceptable. And since I have to bend and be nice to those that camp with generators, ie...Large trailers and RVs it would be nice that others accept all forms of photographic craftsmanship as it applies to the accepted use of photography. Thanks for looking! And every image here in this thread is wonderful. Keep up the good work and if we ain't always camping at least here we can chat about it!
                          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

beemerchef, that shot is simply amazing.

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
                              beemerchef, that shot is simply amazing.
                              Thanks! It was Magic, the whole evening was. Then we rode through the Park under an almost full Moon, eyes riveted to the shoulders illuminated with my 7 headlights!
                              Ara and Spirit

Comment

beemerchef - great picture. I had one shot we took from Big Bend the looked like just the woods on the Panther Pass trail, but if you knew where to look in the picture, you could find seven deer peeking around the trees. By the way, I know your not supposed to feed the deer there, but they LOVE strawberry pop tarts...LOL

WT
                                "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Working...
                                X