Camping with kids ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping with kids ?

My husband and I have been looking to purchase a new travel trailer - we inherited the one we have now. One of the things I don't understand is the lack of doors for the main bedroom, especially with bunks for kids. Our one now has pocket doors but they do have a latch. Don't these adults appreciate a little adult private time? Someone help me out here, is it just me?

Re: Camping with kids ?

I moved your thread(question) to Large Trailer Camping because you said you have a trailer camper that has pocket doors. That is a specific question. You'll get more responses here from other campateers that camp the way you choose.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Allow me to jump start an answer and see what response we'll get. Sure I like and love adult private time when I'm camping with my spouse, only! But when we had our children camping with us, that pleasure was saved for quiet times at home. We raised five children and took them all camping with us and by the time sack time came we were too worn out from the days activities to extend it longer. When camping, morning too comes quite early and there were hungry youngsters to feed, hikes to take, fish to catch. Never camped in a trailer with pocket doors, that sounds private enough, we camp by tent and there are no doors in a tent.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I have no expectations of privacy at all. Probably the only thing you can do is have a friend take the kids for a walk.
        May you always have love to share,
        Health to spare
        And friends that care.

Comment

Agreed. There is NO privacy whilst camping.
          The teen campers who were air vacced off Martha's Vineyard after seeking privacy in a field of poison ivy back in the '70's prolly still recall the lesson learned....
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Yes, when you go camping with kids, you won't really get any privacy. Whenever my wife and I would want some bit of privacy when we go camping, we leave our kids with their grandparents.

Comment

The age old practice is to put your kids in a tent outside. Then you can have your privacy. If the weather is really bad, let them sleep in the trailer. Kids need the outdoor experience, otherwise they will grow up afraid of camping without hard sides.

Comment

How about letting the kids stay in a tent outside the trailer? Set specific times that they can come inside to watch TV or whatever. The Trailer is for the adults and the kids are invited guests only.

Comment

We have a pop-up, and like most others, just figure that camping time is not private time for mom and dad. Although I have heard of people enjoying their private time stealthily. I know a couple who waited until the kids sleeping on the other side of the camper were asleep, only to have the 6 year old come out the next morning and announce to the group they were camping with that "there must have been a big storm last night because the camper was shaking like crazy!" (of course the adults all knew it was no storm!!) So door or no door, consider the stability of your camper! (or wait for a storm....)

Comment

Working...
                  X