Texas State Parks Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas State Parks Pass

Just wanted to share this bit for any new campers out there, this pass could save some decent money in the long run. TPWD Park Pass It does not get you free camping but does get you into the parks at no cost. You also get some coupons that can be used for a couple nights of discounted camping. If you frequent the Texas State parks, in my opinion, this is a must.
    Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Re: Texas State Parks Pass

I agree I have bought this pass for years its worth the money

Comment

I'm on my third year of it. It pays it's self off fast

Comment

If you are over 65 the pass is free and it will get you into any Texas state park for 1/2 price you must be a Texas resident to receive it free.

Comment

Texas State Parks Pass does NOT have an age restriction for purchase
          and is good for 1 year from date of purchase...

Texas State Parks Pass:... "offers many special benefits, including UNLIMITED visits for the passholder and entire
          carload of guests to more than 90 state parks and historic sites. As well as some camping discounts."

qouted from Texas Public Campgrounds guide...

There is also a Texas State PARKLANDS Passport that offers free entrance to everyone who reached age 65 before
          Sept. 1, 1995 and to Veterans with 60% or greater disability. Texas residents who turned 65 AFTER the Sept. 1,1995
          date pay discounted entry fees, and NON-RESIDENTS pay regular prices if they turned 65 after Sept.1, 1995...

Naturally the Texas State Parks are NOT part of the National Park System, so the National passes are not accepted at state parks
          in texas...same as most other state parks...

Info taken from texas public campgrounds guide published Feb. 2010
          Last edited by TNONMYMIND; 08-29-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

For me this pass pays for itself after 3 weekend trips for two even if I don't buy a thing at the on-site Parks Stores.

Comment

Working...
            X